• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Slight Issue

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
The car has been on jackstands for the last month or so. The battery was disconnected most of this time.
I got the new alt pulley for the 4# put it on.
New Billet flows, got them on.
New Optima Red that got smoked, its in.
New tighter belt as there was slip and some jumping on the idler... nice and tight and needed to accomodate the new alt and billet flows.
Crower Stg III's (yes I know they cause some idle issues)
Crower Valvetrain
Ported/Polished heads
a bunch more with the whipple etc...
I fire it up for the first time last night and I get a little smoke with a car thats been sitting. She starts to settle into her idle and is ok for a few minutes and then dies. Start it up and same thing. At this point Im having to keep my foot on the gas to keep here at idle.
I take it to get washed and it would die on decel or at a stop like 10 times. This thing idled great when I brought it home. Nice lope no stalling issues etc.
Ive searched like mad and found numerous threads on stalling and idle issues with lots of different answers etc. I found one where the pullies were changed including the alt and the car needed to be retuned.
The car is tuned on 91 crap gas but Im running 93 through it now that its home.
Would the month that the battery was out of it affect anything in the tune or cause the car to have to try and relearn anything?
Has anyone had similar issues with swapping all of the pullies and having it affect the idle causing a stall? This thing idled great before after about a 5 minute warmup.
Its going for the new clutch this week and then on to Kurgan for a new tune.
Fully Built Motor All new Short Block
CP Dished Pistons
Manley Extreme Connecting Rods
Stock Cobra crank.
P/P Heads
Crower 3 Cams
Crower valvetrain
Billet Pullies
3.2 Alt Pulley
Metco 4# Lower
Cooling mod
Cold Air intake K&N Filter
Accufab TB
Whipple 2.3 3.5 upper... being changed to a 3.25
60lb injectors
LFP Dul Pass H/E
Hooker LT
Hooker X-pipe
Bassani CB
BAP
Dual GT pumps
16lb boost on a very safe Amazon tune

MM caster cambers
MM coil overs all the way around
Endlinks
Eibach Sway Bars
Bushing up front (MM)
Brembo 00r brakes
Derium UCA bushings
Subframe connectors

Brand new 26 spline I/S
New LFP flywheel
New DFX clutch and pressure plate
FRPP TOB
LFP 4340 Steel Retainer

MM Clutch Quadrant
MM Firewall Clutch adjuster

SOS pod with boost and fuel pressure
A/F guage XD-16

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list