• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ProMotion T-45 is here!!! (PICS)

B

Black Venom 99

What's the torque rating on the upgrade T-45? Anything else upgraded other than the input shaft?

Torque rating is set at 750 ft/lbs (ProMotion has stated that higher levels have been applied with no failure). The transmission can handle over 600 RWHP (which is what I should have come spring, and let ProMotion know of this, they stated no problems). Also it can be ProShifted at 7000 RPM. Besides the 26 spline input shaft, the trans has carbon fiber syncros, hardened 2-3 and 3-4 shift forks and upgraded gears throughout.

96blkSVT

Regular
Oct 16, 2004
Yep, got mine installed and it shifts so much better. My input shaft was twisted pretty bad. I don't know what it is called but the piece that is right next to the input shaft cracked into pieces. My only issue now is that sometimes it will pop out of 2nd gear. I am going to mess with the firewall adjuster to see if that helps or not.

Tim

I like girls that drink beer
Nov 9, 2006
America
Torque rating is set at 750 ft/lbs (ProMotion has stated that higher levels have been applied with no failure). The transmission can handle over 600 RWHP (which is what I should have come spring, and let ProMotion know of this, they stated no problems). Also it can be ProShifted at 7000 RPM. Besides the 26 spline input shaft, the trans has carbon fiber syncros, hardened 2-3 and 3-4 shift forks and upgraded gears throughout.

Is your's the proshifted trans?? Website says 750hp, not ftlbs.

B

Black Venom 99

Is your's the proshifted trans?? Website says 750hp, not ftlbs.

I paid $1390.00 for my transmission. On their website, I am aware that they show different versions. When I ordered my transmission, I spoke to Walt (great guy, with excellent knowledge.), and told him what the car is going to make for power. I let him know that the car was going to be making 600-620 RWHP with little less torque. Upon telling him this, he stated that this trans has had 750 HP with similar torque ran through it with no failure. Lastly, he stated that racers have Pro-shifted this trans without failure as well. I understand that there is different information on their website, but I talked to them first-hand and this is the information that I received.

Tim

Nov 9, 2006
America
I paid $1390.00 for my transmission. On their website, I am aware that they show different versions. When I ordered my transmission, I spoke to Walt (great guy, with excellent knowledge.), and told him what the car is going to make for power. I let him know that the car was going to be making 600-620 RWHP with little less torque. Upon telling him this, he stated that this trans has had 750 HP with similar torque ran through it with no failure. Lastly, he stated that racers have Pro-shifted this trans without failure as well. I understand that there is different information on their website, but I talked to them first-hand and this is the information that I received.

Like I asked, is your's the proshifted version?? Do you know what that means???

B

Black Venom 99

Like I asked, is your's the proshifted version?? Do you know what that means???

Walt did not state it is the proshifted version, and never told me there was a "proshifted version" and a "non-proshifted version" of the T-45, most likely based off of what I am going to be doing with my car. But the one that I have, they said has been proshifted without failure, so what does that tell you? And yes, I know what proshifted means.

Tim

Nov 9, 2006
America
Walt did not state it is the proshifted version, and never told me there was a "proshifted version" and a "non-proshifted version" of the T-45, most likely based off of what I am going to be doing with my car. But the one that I have, they said has been proshifted without failure, so what does that tell you? And yes, I know what proshifted means.

I'm still confused with your answer. Looking at the website it appears that the price for the proshifted trans is not listed, it says to call for pricing. Is your's proshifted????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info