• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Clutch install questions

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
Well, mailman brought in the goodies yesterday. I would like to see if I am forgetting something here, and I have a couple of Qs.

Should I use the fidanza or centerforce TOB?
and, what fluid should I use to replace the tranny fluid?

And here is what the mailman dropped off :clap:

Fidanza 4.3

aaa8.jpg

aaa7.jpg

aaa.jpg

aaa3.jpg

aaa6.jpg

aaa4.jpg

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
started the install today. And 4 hours later I was finally able to get the tranny out, clutch flywheel and all.
There should be a damn warning stickied everywhere about removing the top bolt on the starter, and top bolts on the bell housing. And the pilot bearing was a beast of it's own. It took me damn near hour and a half to pull it out. And that is with the pilot bearing puller .. I ended up using the die grinder and finally it got hot/compromised enough to break loose. But, in installing a new one I noticed that the bearing was not flush with the housing (in the pilot bearing itself)... I am probably going to pull it out and get a new bearing from ford tomm. and install it one more time just in case.
Also, the flywheel was a bit too tight to slide on the shaft. Is this normal? There was some pitting going when I slid it on there. Is this normal?
And now, the shop where I am doing it will not open until wednesday. Thank god Cobra is not my DD.
I knew that it would be a struggle but I am wanting to make sure everything gets done right. I doubt that anyone would put that mush time and effort into getting that damn pilot bearing out.

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
Thanks for the offer bud. :biggthump
I was originally just going to have someone else do it. But, something kept on nagging me to do it all myself. So, I got the dissasembly procedure out the tech manual, together with all the torque specs & all. And this was there won't be any doubts in my head about anything - once I am eventually done.
There was nothing where extra set of hands would've helped - it was just PITA getting my hands to fit in few of them places. And, I did not find an air rachet until I was half way done. I have fixed much more complex pieces of equipment, so this was no brainer plus the tech manual instructions. lol
Everything should go back in alot smoother now. I will take the flywheel again and replace the pilot bearing one more time - just to be safe. I would hate for that $10 part to cause me to have to drop the transmission again. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list