• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

check engine light

Slither

Feb 25, 2008
My check engine light is on so I stopped at murrys yesterday to get it scanned. I figured it was just an O2 sensor. The code came up as 0174, lean condition, bank #2. Is there any way to find out which sensor this is? I was also thinking about doing an X pipe (no cats). If I do that then can I just forget about spending the extra money on a new O2 and just get a set of MIL eliminators? Thanks for the help guys.

Slither

Feb 25, 2008
I just found that the elbow going from the valve cover to the intake tube was out. I can see where this may cause a problem since it is after the MAF. The check engine light is still on. I was wondering if there is any way to clear the code without a tuner or scan tool. If not is there anyone around the streamwood area that could clear it out for me?

unhook your battery for 10-20 mins. Then you need to cycle the car. Meaning drive it normal for 50 miles i think it is less and the code will reset itself. Basically unhook your battery let it sit then hook it back up and drive and the code will go away. IF you need new 02 sensors I have a few extra that I will not be needing.

Muscleownzrice

young blodd
Nov 19, 2007
well heres a few tips, first off get an o/r x haha, 2nd i know how to build MIL eliminators which are being charged 40 bucks for, ill show you how AND it works for 5 bucks. Heres some pics of em, if you want just PM n ill show you how. that lean code could be from just a faulty 02 sensor or maybe you really are...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info