• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Smoked my Clutch!!!!

BLK_03

Trying Every Power Adder
Oct 19, 2004
So its safe to say i need a clutch!:( I wanted to ask u guys on witch one i should buy? Should i buy a flywheel at the same time? Cause i was really wanting a steel flywheel so should i just stay stock?:dunno: So I would really like it if i could get your guys .02cents! Thanks u

What are your mods and power level?

I have a Spec V with steel flywheel with 1200 miles on it coming because I'm going auto. I will sell it at a good price.

I also have a Fidanza aluminum flywheel that could use a new insert I'd sell as well.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
So its safe to say i need a clutch!:( I wanted to ask u guys on witch one i should buy? Should i buy a flywheel at the same time? Cause i was really wanting a steel flywheel so should i just stay stock?:dunno: So I would really like it if i could get your guys .02cents! Thanks u

Go with the Fidanza flywheel the center is interchangable so it will be cheaper in the long run.

As far as the clutch goes thats a matter of preference. Most on here at 500+ rwhp run the dual friction centerforce. I dont like it its a 6 puck design and it chatters way more. Ram makes a good clutch. Zoom very nice but $$$, they cryogenically freeze them.

I now run the spec 3+ its been very good to me it does chatter a bit but its not bad. It hits very hard on launches but is also forgiving on the street. Also has 900 lb ft capability.

If you plan on KB 2.8 or whipple 3.4 I think you should consider a twin disc clutch.

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Go with the Fidanza flywheel the center is interchangable so it will be cheaper in the long run.

As far as the clutch goes thats a matter of preference. Most on here at 500+ rwhp run the dual friction centerforce. I dont like it its a 6 puck design and it chatters way more. Ram makes a good clutch. Zoom very nice but $$$, they cryogenically freeze them.

I now run the spec 3+ its been very good to me it does chatter a bit but its not bad. It hits very hard on launches but is also forgiving on the street. Also has 900 lb ft capability.

If you plan on KB 2.8 or whipple 3.4 I think you should consider a twin disc clutch.

Thanks for the help! I will look into those flywheels. Still not sure though on the clutch

BLK_03

Trying Every Power Adder
Oct 19, 2004
I've had both the Centerforce DFX and Spec V. Both clutches held whatever power I threw at them. Eaton/Spray 680rhwp/840rwtq with the DFX, and over 1000rwhp and close to 900 rwtq with the Spec V and twin turbos.

I had AWESOME impressions with both clutches. Both held the power and I PERSONALLY had ZERO chatter. I've read where others weren't as fortunate.

Both my Fidanza aluminum, and Spec steel have removable/replaceable inserts.

The stock flywheel is steel with an aluminum insert I believe.

If you are planning on a Whipple 3.4 possibly in the future, the Spec V is what I would use. The twin discs seem to be a little finicky and just aren't perfected yet.

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
I've had both the Centerforce DFX and Spec V. Both clutches held whatever power I threw at them. Eaton/Spray 680rhwp/840rwtq with the DFX, and over 1000rwhp and close to 900 rwtq with the Spec V and twin turbos.

I had AWESOME impressions with both clutches. Both held the power and I PERSONALLY had ZERO chatter. I've read where others weren't as fortunate.

Both my Fidanza aluminum, and Spec steel have removable/replaceable inserts.

The stock flywheel is steel with an aluminum insert I believe.

If you are planning on a Whipple 3.4 possibly in the future, the Spec V is what I would use. The twin discs seem to be a little finicky and just aren't perfected yet.

How much are you asking for your clutch and flywheel?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info