• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dumping all the smog stuff, whos done it ???

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Just seeing what all I can ditch since I want to clean up the engine compartment and theres no more testing for 95 and older cars. I bought the plugs for the backs of the heaqds, Im assuming I can just pich closed and weld or plug the tube off the H-pipe, what happens with the smog pump, the canister, etc ???

Will I get a bunch of codes by getting rid of all that stuff ??? If I get a new chip burned when I have the car tuned will they be able to get around the codes and check engine light ???

What else can go if Im ditching it all ???

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I got rid of everything. Smog pump, EGR, charcoal canister, crossover tube. The only thing that may throw a code is the EGR. I have it turned off in my tune though. No fumes for me either getting rid if the canister. Just do not plug off the line that runs back to the gas tank.

Aug 26, 2007
Rip all that junk off, here is a pic of mine........
003.jpg

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Im in Streamwood..... Im off work anytime after 4PM, so anytime after that would work for me....

Cool man, I am in Elgin. We can meet up one of these days if you would like. I am usually free in the evenings. I am off on Sun, Mon, and Tues every week. Or you should head out to Augistino's cruise night on Tuesday. It's Mustang night and I will have the car up there alnog with alot of other members.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Am I going to have to pull the heads off to plug the crossover tube, or can I just plug the hose off it for now until I pull the motor in the fall ???

i just plugged the tube but u can pull them off without taking off the heads. then, just put a bolt with some rtv in the back of the heads. i was going to do that but i was to lazy :laughing2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info