• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

A/C not cold

Slither

Feb 25, 2008
sounds like the compressor is cycling too quickly. have the system checked for leaks. check the line that you bent and make sure it is not kinked or cracked. if the unit turns on then you have some refridgerant in the system but if it cycles on and off quickly then you do not have enough in the system. sometimes the valves will develope a very small leak but it won't be noticable right away. it always seems to take the hotest day to find out the a/c system doesn't work like it used to

Mar 18, 2008
A/c works by dropping from high pressure to low pressure. This happens at the fixed orifice and it cools the evaporator. If you kinked the line and it doesnt flow it wont cool. If you hear the compressor short cycling it is low. If you got the car when it was cool out it does not take as much refrigerant to cool it. Humidity takes a lot more. Make sure you also check the cooling fan and the radiator for restriction. Dirt or cotton wood debris will hurt your cooling.

Muscleownzrice

young blodd
Nov 19, 2007
A/c works by dropping from high pressure to low pressure. This happens at the fixed orifice and it cools the evaporator. If you kinked the line and it doesnt flow it wont cool. If you hear the compressor short cycling it is low. If you got the car when it was cool out it does not take as much refrigerant to cool it. Humidity takes a lot more. Make sure you also check the cooling fan and the radiator for restriction. Dirt or cotton wood debris will hurt your cooling.

what he said, couldnt :quote: it any better

sshocker96

Regular
Sep 13, 2005
hey Zack, I was having the same problem. As you know we're twins & I wondered if the blower kinked the line too. Took it to my shop last summer, they tested the lines & found no leaks. Then the compressor wouldn't cycle on @all. Finally figured it out & all was good the rest of the year. this year, same thing no leaks. Got it recharged in June, blue ice cold (for a stang anyway). Tried it last week & nothing. You might wanna try to make through the year as we don't have many more hot days ahead & you dont; wanna go through the same thing again next summer. Good luck.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
hey Zack, I was having the same problem. As you know we're twins & I wondered if the blower kinked the line too. Took it to my shop last summer, they tested the lines & found no leaks. Then the compressor wouldn't cycle on @all. Finally figured it out & all was good the rest of the year. this year, same thing no leaks. Got it recharged in June, blue ice cold (for a stang anyway). Tried it last week & nothing. You might wanna try to make through the year as we don't have many more hot days ahead & you dont; wanna go through the same thing again next summer. Good luck.

this is quite and old thread, some spammer recently braught it to the top..:rolleyes:

the clutch on the AC compressor was TOAST. i replaced the compressor with the new one and its blows ice cold now :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info