• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Turbo or Whipple? HELP!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Im torn guys.
I cant decide if I want a Whipple or Hellion Single 76mm Turbo.
I like to go to the track, but Im not a die hard drag racer by any means.
The car would be primarily a street toy and a D/D in the nice months.

Ive always wanted a turbo car, but now im not sure if it is the correct route, cause the power takes a while to come on.

This is for the Mach 1 I bought. It will have a built motor, ported heads and GT supercar cams.

Any pros/cons & input is much appreciated.

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
It always depends are where you want to end up. Even a single turbo car gives you room to grow. You can adjust boost on an electronic boost controller from inside the car instead of switching pulleys. Twin turbos give you even more room once you have the right supporting mods. Twin screw cars need mods too. You can't just slap on a Whipple 3.4 or KB 2.8 without having enough fuel either. I'm comparing these larger blowers to the turbos because they all make close to the same power.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
nothing is unreliable, if you do it right there shouldnt be any issues. Dont skimp out and buy something cheap, do it right the first time and you will have nothing but a smile on your face.

Thats what I thought.

I just sold one of my Marauders and have CASH to buy a Hellion kit.
The fuel system Ill just put on the credit card.

...it might come down to flipping a coin between the two :D

Honestly, the Whipple is not appealing because I have to add the air/water setup and lines etc.
Turbo is A/A and less can go wrong.
By the time I bought all the stuff to put a Whipple on, Id probably be out more $$$ than the turbo kit whoch comes with EVERYTHING.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info