• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

bad track day

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
well the car went up in smoke.went to us 41 yesterday got in to the 11's .car felt stong this week .i went to gld on tuesday and ran a 12 flat at 124.75,than yesterday did a few passes and kept going deeper into the mid 11's and the engine went up in smoke,don't know yet what happend but it's burnning oil and smoking like a turkish cigar.i had it dynoed two weeks ago to verify my tune and afr and everything looked good and felt strong.any ideeas on what to look for.the engine is real quiet no knocking,no codes and no check engine lights.just lot's of smoke....

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
well i just pulled all the spark plugs out and there is oil all over.plugs on piston 2 and 8 tips gone.exhaust is full of oil.i didn't have any of the vacuum lines come of,everything tight.the pulley i have on the blower is for 17 pounds of boost.i am just wondering if they thad too much timming in the tune.i had brand new ngk tr6 plugs gapped at 32.fresh oil,and my lm 1 wideband never showed lean .afr was good at 11-12 at wot.so i have no clue what went wrong.i tought my clutch was slipping on a few runs because it felt like it wasn't pulling like it should at 5500 rpms.when it dynoed they took it up to 6700 and was pulling.made 553 hp and the afr was at 12 with the tail pipe sniffer.the torque looked low to me at close to 500 but i thought the clutch might need some adjusting.i was going to take it to BOB this comming friday to retune but wen't up in smoke.so will see what happend.going to yank the motor back out probably this week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info