• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

MAC Catless H-Pipe.. to do or not to do?

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
I have bought a MAC 3" catback a while ago, and MAC catless H-Pipe. I have installed the catback and I am loving the sound. Now, I am debating whether to install the H-Pipe as well. I am worried about the drone, and if the car will get much louder. At the same time, car has 40K miles on it, so I am sure that those cats are pretty dirty now.
The question is will I see any performance gain by replacing the stock H-Pipe (and how much) or would it not be worth it (because of the drone, etc). Any input is more than welcome.
Btw - car is all stock now except for K&N Fipk, and mac 3" catback.

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
The car will get ALOT louder with a catless MAC pro chamber. I had a similar set up on my 01 and although it really did sounds wicked bad ass it was just too freakin loud for me. I don't recall it droaning too much though. Now my 00 has a UPR catted X attached to a bassani CB which is much tamer but still howls when you get on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info