• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

p2270 code O2 sensor signal stuck lean bank 1 sensor 2

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
well i kinda looked it up on the net just seeing if anyone ever got this code. from what it seems it is a mil eliminator (sensor 2) that has gone bad. anyone ever see this code and what did you do?

Interesting, now is that your downstream o2's or upstream. Also if you need 02's youre in luck, I have quite a few laying around. I change them every 5k along with changing my plugs every summer, Im a regular on tuneups. If you want some I sell them for $40 a piece.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
well thats another good question. i was just assuming the #2 sensor was the fartherest from the engine but i dunno. i have mil elims on the 2 back. the car does have 64k miles on it though and i can prob bet my right nut they have maybe been changed once if that lol

Well usually 02's last 80-100k but they do become a little lazy, I only change mine every 5k because I stay up on tuneups and I spend some time at the track so I like everything to be changed at least once a year.

Since you have mil eliminators you dont need to worry about the downstream sensors, but you may want to look at your 2 upstream. Let me know if you need them.

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
yes, I had this problem myself. It's the upstream sensors. It should be the drivers side (bank 1). I replaced the sensors and the problem went away. Fuel sluts should be great since they have low miles, but if you want new, then I suggest going to O'rileys autoparts and getting a set of bosch sensors. They are cheaper than the ford unit's and work just as well.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
yes, I had this problem myself. It's the upstream sensors. It should be the drivers side (bank 1). I replaced the sensors and the problem went away. Fuel sluts should be great since they have low miles, but if you want new, then I suggest going to O'rileys autoparts and getting a set of bosch sensors. They are cheaper than the ford unit's and work just as well.

No no not used! I have original Ford brand new $40 per sensor if picked up. $40 + shipping if you want it shipped. I have about 8 upstream laying around. This is a killer deal considering brand new they cost $100 a piece.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• hazmat404
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list