• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mph in the quarter....

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
The best mph I got was a 115.78, does that seem kinda low for a pullied cobra? the other thing I noticed is after that pass the mph just kept gettin worse, Im thinking the blower was gettin hot and the coumputer started pulling timing...
12.36 @112.16 60ft 1.94
12.15 @115.29 60ft 1.91
12.12 @115.78 60ft 1.82
12.15 @112.53 60ft 1.81
12.22 @110.58 60ft 1.76
The 60's kept gettin better but not the speeds, what mph have you guys run when you were pullied? I figured with the cool air today I shouldve seen 118's, what do you guys think?

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
The best mph I got was a 115.78, does that seem kinda low for a pullied cobra? the other thing I noticed is after that pass the mph just kept gettin worse, Im thinking the blower was gettin hot and the coumputer started pulling timing...
12.36 @112.16
12.15 @115.29
12.12 @115.78
12.15 @112.53
12.22 @110.58
The 60's kept gettin better but not the speeds, what mph have you guys run when you were pullied? I figured with the cool air today I shouldve seen 118's, what do you guys think?

shift points, iat's, coolant temp and driving skill have alot to do with mph and et... what did ur datalogs say?

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
I was shifting very near redline,
I got no idea how to look that up Bob, do you just hook it up to a laptop?
what can I do to help the IAT's?

kinda hard to tell ya anything with not having any information..

but, i can guarantee that its 90% driver... ive seen a 450rwhp cobra go 110 and one go 123... only difference was the driver.. have doodad drive your car and I BET it goes 120+

as far as helping IAT's, create a jumper wire like i did on the dyno and get a fan to run in front of the heat exchanger while in the pits.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
kinda hard to tell ya anything with not having any information..

but, i can guarantee that its 90% driver... ive seen a 450rwhp cobra go 110 and one go 123... only difference was the driver.. have doodad drive your car and I BET it goes 120+

as far as helping IAT's, create a jumper wire like i did on the dyno and get a fan to run in front of the heat exchanger while in the pits.
have doodad drive my car... that sounds dangerous:lmao: but anyway, the other thing I noticed is that on the 2-3 shift it kinda hicups for a second when I mash the throttle, ever heard of an issue like that? I really need to get a laptop so I can datalog this stuff.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
PPRV.jpg

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I was shifting very near redline,
I got no idea how to look that up Bob, do you just hook it up to a laptop?
what can I do to help the IAT's?

Sorry Israel, never thought to mention, you should have been shifting at 6k, that would have made a HUGE difference and the hesitation goes away if you stay in the throttle power shifting.

Sep 17, 2005
Sorry Israel, never thought to mention, you should have been shifting at 6k, that would have made a HUGE difference and the hesitation goes away if you stay in the throttle power shifting.

When you say "stay in the throttle" how much so? like Full throttle the whole time or do you let off a littel, myabe have the gas 1/2 way or 3/4 of the way to the floor? cause i granny shift, i thought power shifting would tremndously seped up the deterioration of your driveline/trasmission.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
When you say "stay in the throttle" how much so? like Full throttle the whole time or do you let off a littel, myabe have the gas 1/2 way or 3/4 of the way to the floor? cause i granny shift, i thought power shifting would tremndously seped up the deterioration of your driveline/trasmission.

If you get your shifter/trans problems figured out you could practice powershifting. Right now it's not really an option, but ideally your right foot stays planted during the whole run.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004

I've done both... lately the 2nd due to my tranny taking a dump, since power shifting can lead to broken keys. The sliders sometimes wear down and possible shift forks. If you want to go faster, I guess this is the price... :-o Let me see if I can find one of my videos...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info