• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

novi 2000 belt ?

yohannas

Jan 5, 2008
i know this has probably been on here a lot but i suck at searching and couldnt find anything.

i have a 96 cobra with a novi2000 and just broke my first belt.

anyone have the belt number so i can go pick one up at the local part store. dont wanna order cause i need it now.

or if this could be potential problems like i hear people saying there cars just throw belts. any ideas on what i could do cause i thought the belt on there was fairly good still.

thanks alot
John

yohannas

Jan 5, 2008
yeah its 6 rib and im not sure how it broke. i made the mistake of lettin my friend take it around the block and he said that he was gunning it and then took it out of gear and heard a noise. we looked and the belt looks more 4 rib now and like it might have moved over a rib or so on the pulley.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
common problem with centrifugal blowers if you engine brake it can cause you to throw a belt, also on the novi's they are known for blowing the seal on the pulley at the same time.

As for the belt number look on the belt you have know and pull the number and cross reference it. If you can't read the number search over on modularpowerhouse.com 's forums they will have someone with the same setup as you.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
It will start leaking oil pretty good on the pulley seal, you can send it out to paxton to get it repaired or if you search around on some forums there is a really good writeup that shows you how to replace the seal yourself.

I've been lucky I've had 3 belts let loose on me, 1 being the problem you described and 2 for not having the belt aligned right and shredding ribs. I've never had the seal blow out on me however the previous owner of my headunit had it happen 4 times in just a few months time. Each time a hefty cost to have paxton/vortech replace the seal and do a rebuild.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info