• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

kenne bell ,whipple owners

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
what is the secret in making all the high torque.what kind of lower/upper pulley to make 600 pounds of torque.carl and larry or anybody else chime in.thanks

21 psi race gas track tune and 17 psi street tune.

3 inch upper with 4 # lower = around 21 psi
3.5 inch upper with 4# lower around 17psi

I have low torque numbers because I did not use a 4# lower and had belt slip from such a small upper. The hp numbers are on 17.5 psi. I bought a 4# lower and am in the process of retuning it all.

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
22 psi on 93? is that even safe? I thought if you tried doing 19 lbs on 93 you were pushing your block to the limits. I have never heard someon runnig tha much boost on 93 octane. Who is your tuner?

Chris Macduff, owner of Excessive Motorsports in manassas Virginia,

22psi ,thats all everbody runs on the east coast . i know of at least 30 cars running my same setup with narry an issue:D Chris doesnt tune to the edge, he is very safe . i had my whipple installed 2 yrs ago at around 18,000 miles and it s at 28,000 miles with no issues , i drive my car hard alot and it has over 100 passes on it and it still runs as good as the day i bought it. had it dynoed just before i moved out here to be sure everything was still in order and a/f was dead on and it actually made a few more HP than before. as long as your tune is good, you stay on top of oil , and plug changes, and know how to drive you will be fine

Sep 17, 2005
Chris Macduff, owner of Excessive Motorsports in manassas Virginia,

22psi ,thats all everbody runs on the east coast . i know of at least 30 cars running my same setup with narry an issue:D Chris doesnt tune to the edge, he is very safe . i had my whipple installed 2 yrs ago at around 18,000 miles and it s at 28,000 miles with no issues , i drive my car hard alot and it has over 100 passes on it and it still runs as good as the day i bought it. had it dynoed just before i moved out here to be sure everything was still in order and a/f was dead on and it actually made a few more HP than before. as long as your tune is good, you stay on top of oil , and plug changes, and know how to drive you will be fine

Ill have to get in touch with you later this summer. I plan on getting a whipple and i just wanted to run 19lbs. Maybe i can get a look at your dyno charts and get a list of your mods to check it out. thanks for the info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info