• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Why did you get your Terminator?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Im curuious why did you choose this car, is it the fact that you knew you can have 600rwhp at a very reasonable cost? The love for the cobras? Or knowing when you get rolled up on 8 times out of 10 the guy next to you pretty much knows the race is lost for him. Except for that 93 eclipse I got caught with my pants down the car looked like it was worth $1500 bucks but moved like a jet. LOL

For me I got it bc this is my favorite body style and well having insane horse power for a daily driver and cruise with my ac on.:D

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Other than foxes this is my favorite body style, I always liked the stocky look of the terminators and also the respect you get in the street, you know when they see that rear bumper they know you've got something serious under the hood, I like the fact that when people pull up next to you at the light, if they're not sure they've got enough they dont even bother to mess with you.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
- Sexy
- Easy to mod (one of the best bang for buck cars to own)

When they first came out I wanted one, but, didn't want to pay $X over MSRP. A guy I knew bought his (03' SB) from someone in GA - in 03'. Low miles and built up by Modular PowerHouse. He took me for a ride and I was drawn in hook, line and sinker. Then it became... Not that I wanted one, but, had to have one.

It was between an 02' SS or a Termi... The Termi won me over.

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
I used to own an SRT-4 that put it's fair share of cobras to shame but even way then I could not ignore the chills that would run down my spine every time I heard that blower and the ground shaking from my buddy's 03 KB cobra.
After I totalled my srt-4 (and lost a crapload of money) I just knew that eventually our paths would cross ;)

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I traded my 93 Corvette Convertable in for a 97 full size Tahoe in Oct., of 96 because I married a woman with 3 kids, and then I got a new one in July of 2000. Some time around January of 02 I had just "called in the tugboats" to do a 3 point turn in my Tahoe and I told meself, this is BS, I'm busti'n outa Dadville, and I was getting another hot rod car, I then picked up a copy of Motor Trend for March of 02 and saw the 03 Red Convertable SVT Cobra on the cover and I KNEW, I could add more boost so I ordered it on 3-29-02 and brought it home on 6-22-02.

2 weeks before my Cobra was due I was offered a 475 mile 02 405HP Silver Z06 for $44, 000.00 with an 11.99 time slip I might add, and I passed, and I NEVER regreted it because NOBODY expects the instant GORILLA that a PULLIED Cobra becomes, MUCH LESS, KB or Whipple car.

Ford handed us a gift with this car, don't ever forget it.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Well I was going to build my 94GT but I had a baby young. got rid of everything.A-4 block Accel DFI ect. you name it.

Then I saw this car and loved it. I said I would own one and it is everything I wanted in a car and more. I have nothing much done at the moment but all my parts are waiting to go on.

rexisme

Jan 9, 2008
My buddies dad was going to buy one...he didn't... at the time i was in highschool, had a mustang gt, it was hooked up. Knew it could never be anything that the cobra was. Still hoped... said one day, i am going to buy a cobra(terminator) in the same color that my 97 is....well.....found my torch red w/ all balck interior w/ 9800 on the clock and end of story...i wasn't actually planning to buy my terminator... I told my gf if i ever found a torch red w/ all black interior w/ under 10k milse on it. I would buy it the day i found it. I held up to what i said. I dropped her off at school and picked her up 2 hours later in a torch red w/ all black interior cobra.

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
I had to get rid of my 500hp Eclipse. It was so loud that cops would pull me over for just driving normaly. I then bought my 99 Cobra vert in Miami and drove it home from there (26 hours straight by my self) but it felt sooo slow. I held onto that for a while and then I bought my Termi last month because I wanted boost again. I wanted to feel that rush when boost came on but with the look and sound of the Cobra.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
I didnt know to much about them until I got my ass handed to me back when I had my 01 Lightning and this older guy in a termi walked me....couple weeks later leaving work I passed by the dealership and saw this bright red fire waving at me....after 3 days of that shit I stopped off to look her over. The salesman came out and after talking with him i wore him down to take it out for a spin after gaining instant wood:p I drove it off the lot the next day and havent looked back since had 7 miles on it :headbang:

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
Bassically it was just the next step up in my car evolution 88lx --> 97 Cobra --> 03 Cobra I have wanted on from the Car and driver article "Factory Fast" (I still have it) then shortly after I saw what MMFF did with one 600hp for under 5,000 article (the ford racing whipple package) and I just knew. I thought I would have my 97 forever and I really wish I would have kept it but it would be safe to say this Ox white termi will be terrorizing vetts for years to come.

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
Bassically it was just the next step up in my car evolution 88lx --> 97 Cobra --> 03 Cobra

Pretty much same story for me...

88 GT, 94 GT, 02 GT, 97 Cobra, 03 Cobra

From the time the Terminator was announced, I was hooked.
I was close to buying one back in late '03 early '04 when I noticed Willowbrook Ford was taking $5k off the sticker trying to move out a couple of leftover '03s.

Finally in Nov. 06 I found my car at Packey Webb in Wheaton with only 4900 miles on it. I figured, "if there was ever a time to get a Terminator, now's the time!" :biggthump

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
- I regretted selling my 93 Reef Blue LX 5.0 monster...

- I was sick of getting passed by old ladies in their Buicks, cause the Explorer was too slow.

- I read about this rumor of the ultimate Mustang Cobra called the Terminator

- When I read MMFF run it with a pulley and slicks and what it did, I was SOLD!

The funny thing is how things happen in life... I probably would never have bought this car if I had not gone my separate ways with my ex girlfriend... a week after moving out I wanted a sonic blue terminator sooooooooooooo bad. I remember getting out of my truck at Fair Oaks Ford and never even making it into the main door. The sales quack asks me how I am doing... I say I'm drooling for that car (no I didn't, but I probably was...), he goes grabs the keys and when he comes out he says you know there is a mark up on these and we won't negotiate... to which I said, what? Keep the car and I turned around and walked away. Called Arlington Heights Ford, and told the guy if you don't want to negotiate, I'm not coming... he says come to your daddy... :lmao:

No sonic blue... only DSG, Black and Red 10th Ann.... guess which one I took? Same day... bone head lost a sale at FO.

PS someone here bought that SB car... I forgot who though.

Then I met my wife...
got married...
...lived happily ever after.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
As many here know, I'm a GM guy at heart. As many also know, I'm on all sorts of forums and have interest in any and all performance cars.

I had researched the Terminator and liked what I saw (particularly the built motor and 8.5 compression with factory FI). I scoped out a bunch of dealers that had them in stock and figured I'd take a nice Saturday afternoon cruise in my WS6 and check some of them out in person. At the time I had no plans to purchase one.

My first stop was the Ford dealer in Arlington Heights. They had about 8-10 on the lot. A salesman (young kid who owned a modded Lightning) let me test drive one of them (the same car I happen to now own BTW). He actually encouraged me to mess with an LT1 Camaro that was screwing with me on the drive back to the dealer (north on rt. 53) and I briefly hit triple-digit speed on the test drive. In stock form it was about as fast as my modded WS6, but I knew the potential of a factory FI car (learning from the experience I had with my GN).

My WS6 had 86k miles on it, but was in mint shape and at the time I was debating pouring money into it to take it to the next level of performance or getting the Cobra. Since the Firebird was paid off, I was hesitant to pick up a car payment. My car was also 1 of only 231 Formulas built in 2000 with the WS6 package and the last year the WS6 was available on the Formula.

When I went out that Saturday afternoon I had NO INTENTION of buying a Cobra, just wanted to "tire kick" a few. When I got back to the dealer I laid out my terms and I didn't expect the dealer to even come close. Well three hours later the Sales Manager had made the deal VERY atrractive (over $2,000 off sticker, gave me Blue Book for "Private Party Sale", not "Trade-In" on my WS6, gave me a very attractive interest rate). I tried to leave myself an out and told him I'd let him know Monday after talking to my Fiancee about it. I weighed the pros/cons of doing more to the Firebird (a car that was also very good to me) or getting the Cobra.

I came back Monday with a deposit and the rest is history. :headbang:

An additional observation:

I bought this car for the reason I always buy my "recreation car", affordable moddability (which the Cobra has in spades). For me cars are too expensive for me to be brand loyal and I'll buy whatever car meets my needs.

However, I've had long discussions with the die-hard Ford guys I've met by owning this car and based on that and what I learned from reading "Iron Fist Lead Foot", to me this car is the pinnacle of the Ford Mustang. Anybody who's owned Mustangs their whole life has to have this car high on their list since I view it as arguably (GT500 notwithstanding) the ultimate expression of Mustang development within Ford.

Sep 17, 2005
actually just about to buy a Evolution MR edition or a STI, and i happened to see a good deal on an 04' stock Terminator. I went and took a a test drive in it and got a offered great deal. I bought it at a Toyota dealership in Oakbrook, in Jan. 05' with 5,800 miles on it. I got it for just under 27k totally stock. They said it was an older man that had it and traded it in for a camery lol. Been happy with my choice since, this thing owns most evo's & STI's.
I feel this has got to be the best from factory ford engine built. By hand, Forged steel parts, and that it is actaully the last marked Cobra from ford. I woudl argue that this is better then the GT500. That car is nice, but lack the fogred steel Manely rods that allow us to push the boost so high without having to worry about our engines as much. Only thing i wish about this car was that it was a few hundred pounds lighter. Other then that this car is Great!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info