• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Any locals that like to/can install stuff?

rexisme

Jan 9, 2008
Thats the question, i live in valparaiso IN, short drive from chicago. Just wondering if anyone wanted to make some cash installing parts for me or help me for some cash,food,and beer. i could help but would probably be in the way. Anyway, my real problem is i dont have any tools. Things that i have and that are on the way are....
-bf diff brace
-mm flsfc (have to be welded so i'll have a shop do it)
-reichard racing idlers
-reichard racing aux idler
-afco heat exchanger
-even flow head cooling mod
-plugs

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Thats the question, i live in valparaiso IN, short drive from chicago. Just wondering if anyone wanted to make some cash installing parts for me or help me for some cash,food,and beer. i could help but would probably be in the way. Anyway, my real problem is i dont have any tools. Things that i have and that are on the way are....
-bf diff brace
-mm flsfc (have to be welded so i'll have a shop do it)
-reichard racing idlers
-reichard racing aux idler
-afco heat exchanger
-even flow head cooling mod
-plugs

I would take the cooling mod to Lyle, the rest I can help you with. I didnt like messing with my cooling mod but I did it I had alot of help though.

Let me know Im in Schererville. All the other stuff is pretty easy all together it would take like 2-3 hours max.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Lyle and I can do all of it, including weld on the SFCs.
I'm in Beecher.

PM or E-mail me and we can go from there.

Dan

There ya go Lyle and Dan are your best bet and no instal shop will beat their prices. Not that far from Valpo either.

Oh ps get rid if the even flow cooling mod and get the LDC cooling mod best one on the market and its designed by Lyle and Dan, they use the best materials available.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Rush Racing in Schererville phone is 219-322-7895 Jeff has done all that work before for me and alot of other cobras in NWI and can do alot more if you need it in the future .

Lyle and dan do a kickass job from what I've seen, also Jeff at Rush Racing did all the work on my car and he did a badass job on everything.

rexisme

Jan 9, 2008
There ya go Lyle and Dan are your best bet and no instal shop will beat their prices. Not that far from Valpo either.

Oh ps get rid if the even flow cooling mod and get the LDC cooling mod best one on the market and its designed by Lyle and Dan, they use the best materials available.

Ya, i would like the ldc but i have no reason to drop the trans at this point in time.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Ya, i would like the ldc but i have no reason to drop the trans at this point in time.

I see your point, but when you do a clutch job I would invest in the LDC just my opinion. All I know about the even flow is that it taps into the line from the top and I thik I read you have to take the blower off to get to it wich is another big job. The nice thing about the LDC is it throws the coolant right back onto cylindar 7 and 8 wich is the trouble spots.

rexisme

Jan 9, 2008
ya, i think i might actually hold off on the cooling mod, the car only puts down 452/452 and i dont do any high speed runs w/ it. I am just getting some of the supporting mods together now because if i do keep it,it is getting a t.s. next spring. So the trans will be dropped later on for a clutch to be put in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info