• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Royal purple 5w-20, where to buy?

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
I would just run 5w-30.

There has been a lot of discussion about this in the past, but it was pretty clear that the motor was designed to use 5w-30 but Ford ended up using 5w-20 to meet emissions requirements. Do a search on modfords or svtp and you will see what I mean.

I have been running Mobil 1 5w-30 for 45k hard miles now with no issues.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I would just run 5w-30.

There has been a lot of discussion about this in the past, but it was pretty clear that the motor was designed to use 5w-30 but Ford ended up using 5w-20 to meet emissions requirements. Do a search on modfords or svtp and you will see what I mean.

I have been running Mobil 1 5w-30 for 45k hard miles now with no issues.
Cool, thanks for the info, 5w30 it is.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Only Royal Purple race oils are fully synthetic which are for track only, straight grades. 5w30 is the oil you should be using even stock due to the heat output of these motors. I was at 520RWHP/ported eaton, I was using 10W30 Redline oil in the hot summer, and stored it during cold weather.

I would recommend a 5w30 oil, Redline or Amsoil. Mobil One has switched to dino base oils so they are not 100% synthetic anymore as of a couple years ago (to save money).

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Only Royal Purple race oils are fully synthetic which are for track only, straight grades. 5w30 is the oil you should be using even stock due to the heat output of these motors. I was at 520RWHP/ported eaton, I was using 10W30 Redline oil in the hot summer, and stored it during cold weather.

I would recommend a 5w30 oil, Redline or Amsoil. Mobil One has switched to dino base oils so they are not 100% synthetic anymore as of a couple years ago (to save money).

Multigrade race oils can be used on the street..
"XPR — eXtreme Performance Racing oils are formulated for applications such as racing, modified engines and off-road use. XPR’s high film strength make it exceptionally well-suited for today’s high performance cars and trucks, particularly turbo and supercharged engines and / or engines using a nitrous boost.

XPR produces winning results on the race track and is safe enough to use in your daily commuter car"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info