• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Car Running bad - misfiring when holding idle HELP!!!!!!

Curt

Regular
Sep 23, 2007
OK.....My car runs great at wide open throttle, it runs great when I am accelerating in any way. It runs fine when I am decelerating. It misfires when I am holding a steady rpm. If I am crusing and have it a 2K and hold it there without a load it starts to shake. I do not have a check engine light on. I had Hans look at it and he thought it is partially or fully because of the Fuel pressure switch/regulator and the IAC (idle air control motor). I have replaced both, and still have the same problem. The car does run alot smoother now, but still has the same problem. I have also replaced the plugs and fuel filter. If I hold the gas in neutal at 1500K rpm it misfires and will not hold steady. Car is pretty much stock, has no problems under boost. No pending codes. Any body expirence anything like this???? Thanks.

Special thanks to Hans (Deans Performance) for all his time trying to help me with this. Hans went above and beyond for me, and knows these cars in and out. Great Mechanic.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
OK.....My car runs great at wide open throttle, it runs great when I am accelerating in any way. It runs fine when I am decelerating. It misfires when I am holding a steady rpm. If I am crusing and have it a 2K and hold it there without a load it starts to shake. I do not have a check engine light on. I had Hans look at it and he thought it is partially or fully because of the Fuel pressure switch/regulator and the IAC (idle air control motor). I have replaced both, and still have the same problem. The car does run alot smoother now, but still has the same problem. I have also replaced the plugs and fuel filter. If I hold the gas in neutal at 1500K rpm it misfires and will not hold steady. Car is pretty much stock, has no problems under boost. No pending codes. Any body expirence anything like this???? Thanks.

Special thanks to Hans (Deans Performance) for all his time trying to help me with this. Hans went above and beyond for me, and knows these cars in and out. Great Mechanic.

Did you recently change your 02 sensors? When I did my LDC cooling mod I accidently criss crossed bank 1&2 when I was reassembling the exhaust and the car ran like crap with no CEL on. I switched them back and the car ran like new. It ran like crap at low rpm but ran fine when at higher RPM's. Its just something to look at because the looms will reach to the opposite banks.

Curt

Regular
Sep 23, 2007
They said they went as deep as the computer would let them. They said because I have a "piggyback" chip that they cant get all the way in the computer. I asked them to run a "mode 6" as someone had said on here and they said they couldn't. I have spent a lot of $ on trying to fix this problem, no luck anywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info