• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Installing steeda pulleys, can't get the F'in crank bolt loose!

Egreen99

Addict
May 26, 2004
No air tools, I got the w.p. bolts out in 3 minutes, I tried to break the crank bolt free and used a 2 foot pipe to slip over the wrench for leverage and it still will not break free.

I hate not having air tools, this is a 25 minute job with air tools. I don't feel like paying to have this done at a shop.

What are my options? any tips/tricks to break that bolt free?

after I got pissed off, I tried to take the top nut off the struts to replace them with the Cobra struts. The bolt just kept on spinning and would not come off either? any tips for this bolt?

frustrated new edge owner!!:crying:

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005
???? Sorry you are having issues.

It was a bitch for me to get our without the impact. I had to dig deep in my tool box for the big one....There has got to be someone on here who is willing to help out? If I have time over the weekend, I will PM you. That is if you have not got it off by then.

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
I wouldnt use a impact on the crank...Spray penetrating oil on it and let it sit, maybe even try heating it up a little but with a torch...

after I got pissed off, I tried to take the top nut off the struts to replace them with the Cobra struts. The bolt just kept on spinning and would not come off either? any tips for this bolt?

For this you will need to use a impact gun..

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Whenever I run into a crank bolt that doesn't want to loosen up I just put the socket and breaker bar on there and brace it against the frame, or other strong and immobile object. Then just bump the starter over with a quick turn of the key. The starter easily has enough torque to break the bolt loose. Every time that I have had to end up doing this it has worked like a charm. You can use penetrating lubes first though to get things softened up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info