• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

finally dissambles the rear axle.

booterr69

Feb 23, 2006
:dunno::dunno:Well after putting it off for 3 weeks, I disassembled the rear end and found that the carrier had about 1/8" side to side play. After removal I noticed that the sides carrier spacer on the drivers side was cracked and the face of it was wearing off. It almost looked like something was spinning against it but It seems impossible that that would happen, now I need to replace both spacers. What info do I need to order new spacers because I know there are different size thickness.
I purchased 31 splines axles, eaton 31 splined carrier, 4.10's and a cover.
also installing granetteli upper and lower control arms and lowering springs.
But first I need to get the axle assembled.
Any suggestions?

Mar 18, 2008
How does the side of the housing look where the spacer sits? How about some pictures. To get the correct spacers you have to put it together with what you have and check back lash of the ring and pinion then you have to adjust the spacer thickness side to side till clearance is correct. Try to make friends with someone at the dealer or tranny/rear end shop that will allow you to borrow spacers till you get the right ones. They used to be about 5 bucks each so it will get expensive to keep guessing. I recommend replacing the carrier bearings also. Make sure that the bearing races did not spin in the housing. Check the caps for wear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• booterr69
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list