• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Jlt Cold Air Question?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I have been wanting to get the JLT carbon fiber true cold air intake. I like the clean look of the mass air being relocated inside the fender.

Now if I do this will I have tuning issues? Will it get wet? If any of you guys have this setup please give me some input on your experience with it.

I dont mind the mass air being under the hood but it looks sweet when its one smooth flowing tube.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
I have been wanting to get the JLT carbon fiber true cold air intake. I like the clean look of the mass air being relocated inside the fender.

Now if I do this will I have tuning issues? Will it get wet? If any of you guys have this setup please give me some input on your experience with it.

I dont mind the mass air being under the hood but it looks sweet when its one smooth flowing tube.

I have the JLT cold air but only to the MAF then I went KB Cold Air into the fenderwell and after getting caught out in the rain couple times and then seeing what the filter looked like when I pulled it off to clean it:eek:....yeah I dont drive it anymore if there is a chance of rain....but my set up has the filter at the bottom of the fender the JLT could be shorter I know couple of the guys have the full deal on theres Im sure they will chime in shortly

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I have the regular JLT CAI and have had my MAF there since day one. As long as you get tuned with it you're good. The exception would be that if you have it tuned for an RAI, then the flow is different down there and may need to be retuned.

Ben's right though... it it's an every day driver I wouldn't. I drove my car to work that one day last year we got all those storms and bad weather... and my car almost died a few times cause the water was so high on the roads. I was ready to pull over and leave the car cause it was messy.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
I have the regular JLT CAI and have had my MAF there since day one. As long as you get tuned with it you're good. The exception would be that if you have it tuned for an RAI, then the flow is different down there and may need to be retuned.

Ben's right though... it it's an every day driver I wouldn't. I drove my car to work that one day last year we got all those storms and bad weather... and my car almost died a few times cause the water was so high on the roads. I was ready to pull over and leave the car cause it was messy.

Victor wasnt that the day those bad storms came outta nowhere and you cried like a little girl and almost pooped yourself trying to get home?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Dont ban me:wall::wall::chair::lmao::lmao: I know your on the prowl with an itchy trigger finger:lmao::lmao:

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
That would be the day... I was on my MT's

Don't knock it until you been on them in the rain like that. The wind was moving my rear tires of the car. I think FuelSlut could vouch for me, if I remember correctly he took an interesting trip too.

No its not a daily driver, I just mean that with the relocation of the mass air sensor inside the fender if I would have any tuning problems.

And yea I took a trip right into a ditch on I-65 last august cuz I got caught in the rain on the good old Mickeys.

I have a RAI right now its ok, but that thing gets heat soaked like crazy, so thats why I want the fender unit.http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7_20&products_id=129 This is the exact one.

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
No its not a daily driver, I just mean that with the relocation of the mass air sensor inside the fender if I would have any tuning problems.

And yea I took a trip right into a ditch on I-65 last august cuz I got caught in the rain on the good old Mickeys.

I have a RAI right now its ok, but that thing gets heat soaked like crazy, so thats why I want the fender unit.http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7_20&products_id=129 This is the exact one.

http://www.svtsnake.com/tech/mafclean.html i have had some idle problems at lights with car trying to die i cleaned maf with maf cleaner seems to be alot better :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info