• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

315's on a 96 cobra??? help

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
Depends what size rim and brand tire...If your talking about putting a Nitto 315 on your 9" rim you will definitely be fine...I had a 315 BFG dr on my 10.5" rim on my Cobra and I never even had to touch the quad shocks...

its going to be a 315 BFG DR on my 9" rim. So with that combo you dont think ill have a problem? and how are BFG's in the rain...are they as bad as the MT's ?

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
I wouldnt put that size tire on that rim, thats too big... A 295 BFG is pretty damn close to a 315 Nitto DR...If you really want a BFG id go with a 275 or a 295...

y is that too big compared to a 315 nitto? the only reason i ask is i can get 2 BFG dr's for dirt dirt cheap

i had the old style bfg tread (usually all the 17" sizes are that tread) and they did pretty good in the rain. i got about 10k out of my bfg aswell

good to know

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
Nitto DR's just run smaller than BFG's..My 295 BFG's are about the same width as my brothers 315 Nitto DR's...Im sure you could make the 315 BFG fit, but I wouldnt say its safe and its definitely gonna have a huge bulge...

My cousin is an asst. manager at a discount tire thats how i got the heads up, and hes really picky about the safey thing, ill run it by him again tho...

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
The only reason im considering the 315 is that my cousin found 2 for me that are just barely used and are nxt to nothing...

Well dont pass up the deal just because they wont fit. If you can get them for next to nothing then buy them and when you get some more cash or whatever then get some 17x10.5s and you'll already have the tires ready to go..

Aug 26, 2007
My tires are 305's, they are probably the same or a tiny bit smaller than marks 295bfg's. I remember a couple years ago seeing a red sn95 with your same rims and 315 nittos, even with those there is a pretty big bulge. I don't even think discount tire would mount 315bfg's to a 9" rim, they also don't touch anything with spacers. I found that out the hard way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info