• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

96 cobra novi2000 install ?

yohannas

Jan 5, 2008
so i was installing a paxton novi2000 on my 96 cobra like the title says. im so close to being done but im havin some problems.

first the elbow doesnt seem quite long enough. it goes on but i just worry that itll pop off or somethin. (not that big of a deal)

second its got an anderson power pipe. there is absolutely no room between the supercharger and the fan shroud. even if i was able to cram it in there the plastic part coming off the radiator for the upper radiator hose is in the way so i wouldnt really be able to close the hood.

and where do those three holes coming off the pipe go to? i assume the bigger one with the hose goes to the BOV.

just wonderin if anyone had this prob or know what to do. if they had to cut or fabricate stuff to get it in there.

any help is greatly appreciated. i need my car back.
thanks alot
John

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
You need to do some trimming with that Anderson powerpipe.. Do a search on SVTP because there are alot of guys on there that are using Anderson power pipes and were having the same problems as you...
Now for the three holes on the pipe, ones for the bypass valve or blowoff if thats what your using...The other is for the IAC and then the last one goes to the passenger side valve cover...I personally dont use to valve cover one because I was getting alot of oil in the blower and piping. What I did was capped off that spot on the powerpipe and then run a breather up on the passenger side valve cover..
Circled are the three spots...
7-13-0701011.jpg

This is a pic of the breather im using on the passenger side...
7-13-07004.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Y
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list