• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

need help!!!!

ok i have an issue somewhere in my truck... when i decelerate (coming to a complete stop, my rpm's drop to around 500 then jump back up to around 800. once every few days the truck just dies on me.... here's the info i've gathered so far:

-reaplaced IAC valve
-replaced alternator (reads 137 amps)
-battery checked (reads 875-880 warm amps)
-checked every vacuum hose i could find...no leak
-replaced O2 sensors
-replaced starter solenoid

here's quick video of what's goin (sorry so poor quality i shot it with my phone) the 1st couple times you can see how it drops to about 500 rpms and then drops under 800 and jumps back up. While that happens fuel pressure stays at 29-30 psi, vacuum reads 18 psi when i take the foot off the gas and 20 when i'm stopped. it only does this with overdrive engaged, with it turned off, everything is fine and my vacuum is at 16 while cruising with out the foot on the gas, and 20 when stopped. could it be a tranny thing?

Video of RPM's - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info