• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

pulley question

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
So I'm finally going to pulley the cobra but I dont know what size pulley to get. I'm basically all stock. I want to get a pulley that will give me a pretty good power gain, but at the same time I dont want to go with too much boost and break something. I had the 2.93 in mind. Any suggestions?
Billetflow 2.76 :biggthump

Don't forget you'll need a Custom Tune for it.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Just go w/ a Speed Inc. Intake, Catback (i.e. Bassani, Borla, MAC, Magnaflow, or SLP etc...) 2.76 upper, 100m idler, new plugs, and a tune by Kurgan. Heck for a couple bucks more throw a MGW shifter in there too.

Put ya 45X - 47X RWHP (Note: RWHP #s are estimates).

Then after that mess with a mid-pipe, port or TS, and suspension etc.

Good luck and most of all... HAVE FUN!

So I'm finally going to pulley the cobra but I dont know what size pulley to get. I'm basically all stock. I want to get a pulley that will give me a pretty good power gain, but at the same time I dont want to go with too much boost and break something. I had the 2.93 in mind. Any suggestions?

Billetflow 2.76, you wont break anything as long as you have a good tune with it.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Haha I defintately dont have the money for a KB or Whipple atm. Anywhere close to the Downers Grove area that gives a good tune, or is the trip to Kurgan the way to go?

IMHO KURGAN

When I had my work done @ Speed Inc. he went out there (Speed Inc. in Schaumburg) & tuned it.

Best bet is to look over the sponsor page here @ csvt and contact folks (other choices as well) from there.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
This is all good since I was considering a 2.93 as well.

I don't plan on ever running DR's out back, so would going straight to a Whipple be a bad idea? I have 285's back there now, but wouldn't be against going to a 10.5 wheel and 315's. Would a Whipple be too much for this tire combo?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Thanks guys. The only thing I'm worried about with the 2.76 is breaking something. Is the stock heat exchanger and unported eaton enough for the 2.76?

As long as you have a good tune you wont break anything. These blocks are made to take some nasty abuse. I ran a 2.8 pulley for 19k and never had any problems. Now run a KB and a Kurgan tune and car has no problems @ 572 to the tires.

Just make sure you make it all worth the mod, like catback, x pipe and cold air intake. That should put you anywhere between 440-470 rwhp on a dynojet. But always remember they r only numbers, having 500rwhp on paper does not mean your car will go and run a 11.50 et you gotta work on it. Good luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info