• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

T-45 fluid change time

Egreen99

Addict
May 26, 2004
I will get my car on the road this weekend. I wanted to changed the fluids before bring the car out.

never changed the fluid in the trans before. is there a write up on how to do it? want to know where the drain and fill holes are and how to go about doing it. do i need to buy a hand pump to get the fluid in?

plan on using Penzoil syncromesh same as GM synchromesh. about 3qts right?

thanks.. is it hard to do? how long will it take? or should I just pay a local garage to do it?

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
I just finished installing a tri-ax I would rather not rip out the RTV etc.. and reinstall the shifter. I dont mind it taking longer to refill through a hand pump.

Damn, that would have been the time to do a fluid change. Harbor Freight sells the pump at about half the price as Autozone, Murrays or Pep Boys the last time I checked. Just make sure the car is level, and fill till the fluid comes out the top plug. Never fails, you end up knocking over the qt. while pumping and get fluid all over yourself and the garage floor.

BTW, some people just show up with their own fluid and have Jiffy Lube do it. It's so easy they can't even fuck it up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• E
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list