• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Idler pulley question.

Common

Regular
Feb 13, 2008
My steeda 100mm one has a bad bearing(making that silly noise) and it's time to replace it I guess. I talked to lethal and was Informed I could use any 100mm idler with that steeda bracket I already have in there, I decided to go with RR idler.

Now, replacing it looks to be self explanatory, loosen up the tensioner and go from there, but does anyone have details, or anything to add if I need any special tools on how to do it.
How to go about loosening it up, since it's not the manual one that it's easy to work with.

Any constructive input is greatly appreciated.

Verry "newbish" question I know.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
My steeda 100mm one has a bad bearing(making that silly noise) and it's time to replace it I guess. I talked to lethal and was Informed I could use any 100mm idler with that steeda bracket I already have in there, I decided to go with RR idler.

Now, replacing it looks to be self explanatory, loosen up the tensioner and go from there, but does anyone have details, or anything to add if I need any special tools on how to do it.
How to go about loosening it up, since it's not the manual one that it's easy to work with.

Any constructive input is greatly appreciated.

Verry "newbish" question I know.

The stock tensioner can be release with a 1/2 inch drive breaker bar or ratchet. There is an opening on the face of it that the drive will fit into.

Pay attention to the belt routing if you aren't familiar with how it runs.

BTW, the bearings themselves can be replaced. No need to buy an entire pulley just because the bearings are going bad.

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
It is best if you have a helper, one person to hold down the tesioner and one to route the belt, get a cheater bar so it doesn't take too much effort. I have done it by myself but not to much fun especcially if you have the idler next to your SC pully, I do the supercharger pulley last but some like to do the idler last. If your not to far let me know happy to lend a hand.

Common

Regular
Feb 13, 2008
It is best if you have a helper, one person to hold down the tesioner and one to route the belt, get a cheater bar so it doesn't take too much effort. I have done it by myself but not to much fun especcially if you have the idler next to your SC pully, I do the supercharger pulley last but some like to do the idler last. If your not to far let me know happy to lend a hand.

You guys are a nice bunch here, I am not close but I appreciate the offer to help very much.

Tha being said, I am only changing the 100mm idler pulley. I hope it wont be a pita.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info