• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

SVT COBRA JLT True Ram Air Intake Kit

Emil

Regular
May 1, 2004
I have both the CAI and RAI :).

I used the CAI for a few years but always worried about the filter and water/dirt. One year it had oil all over it and in general it gets wet but you won't suck up water. As far as performance it works well.

The RAI works almost as well but you can tell in the summer that it's not quite as responsive as the CAI.

This year I'm going back to the CAI and just buy a new filter every year.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
I like that one because then you dont have to worry about the filter sucking up any water...

I have the fenderwell setup and have never had any issues with sucking up water:confused:.....are you aiming for those big puddles when it rains:D:joke:

I would go with the fenderwell setup your chances of picking up dirt and crap increase but you will thank yourself in the summer time when your car doesnt run like a turd cause its hot out....I had the open air and changed over to the fenderwell and havent looked back yet:biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info