• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Install basic boltons myself or pay shop

Install sel for shop?

• Do it yourself, sally!

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • Your too weak, Hire a shop to do it.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Aug 30, 2004
Plugs, Upper pulley, Aux idler.

Install these myself and barrow/rent a pulley puller. maybe have friend help.

Or pay a shop to do such said install?

I have the tools and am capable but could use some incentive/kick in butt.

I live in NW Indiana so the good shops are all roughly 1-2 hours away and this is my DD auto.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The idler is just removing the belt, bolting on the idler and then reinstalling a belt. Snap a pic of the belt path if you are afraid you won't remember it.

The plugs are very simple. For the driver's side, you unbolt the cover, pull the coil over boot off and use a long extension to get down to the plug. Repeat 4 times for that side. Don't mix up the wires. Don't cross thread the plugs [start them by hand, not with the socket wrench on the extension]. Passenger side is the same except you have to loosen the clamp that holds the air tube to the throttle body, loosen the clamp that holds it to the MAF and remove the tube to get to the plug cover.

Upper pulley needs a puller and an experienced hand to make it an easy swap.

rexisme

Jan 9, 2008
black vert, 95 Cobra R chrome rims.

I know another guy forgot his name has a built engine + bigger blower from portage. Red that is.

you bought the one from the ford dealer over there,paul heuring? the one the guy traded in on a harley truck? .... i was looking at the mineral gray they used to have. I would of bought it cause the mileage was so low but the interior looked like a woman owned it and put makeup on in it and used hairspray. shit was all sticky, interior had makeup marks on it. Arm rests looked like she used that self tanner shit and it rubbed off onto them.

heres pics of the one i have in this link.... i go through hobart alot when i take the gf to school, i also frequent the paintball store...
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=27011

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Plugs, Upper pulley, Aux idler.

Install these myself and barrow/rent a pulley puller. maybe have friend help.

Or pay a shop to do such said install?

I have the tools and am capable but could use some incentive/kick in butt.

I live in NW Indiana so the good shops are all roughly 1-2 hours away and this is my DD auto.

Im in Schererville minutes away from you, Ill help you out when youre ready. Let me know. But if you are changing your blower pulley, I highly reccomend you tune the car right away if this is your daily driver. Otherwise dont even think of getting into boost. :nono::blowingup

And do you have a pulley puller? If not I can borrow one. Let me know. Dan

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Whos going to tune it? Chip or flash? Heres an option, bring a 12 pack of diet coke (for Dan) and a 12 pack of Michelob Ultra ( for me) and Dan and I could do the pulley, idler and plugs for you Saturday at the shop in Beecher.

Or you can go this route Dans place is not to far from Hobart. They can even tune the car there for you. Get it all done at once. Dont drive the car around for 3 weeks and not have the right tune in it, one day you will forget about it and see a ls1 and get down with it. All Im saying do it right. This is not a cheap motor to rebuild.

Thread Info