• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

brainstorming an idea..opinions

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
ok well i had an idea, since my cobra emblems on my car have seen better days i thought that i would buy new ones to replace them...

but then i thought about what id do with all the old one, so i though i might try to make them unique.... Im thinking im going to paint the silver part black and the insides where its black, white. and if it doesnt look right i can always put the new shiney ones on instead...

UPDATE

Well i was noticing for awhile that the white paint i used wasnt even close to a match with my car and was begining to yellow pretty bad. so i decided to go all out this time around and use real automotive paint. I used real crystal white paint from ford (touch up), black paint, and Dupont Clear (had problems with durability before.)

here is a comparison of the front emblem (removed from bracket) next to a fender emblem to further illustrate what im talking abot...the picture is crappy i know..

100_1090.jpg

let me know what you think

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
I think the black will stand out on your car better. I would say spray them white and then go over the raised parts with the black. It wouldn't be too hard.

yea thats one of the methods i was going to use. i have a couple in mind, it most likely going to be trial and error.

Do you guys think i should also do the front grill cobra or just the two sides?

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
yea thats one of the methods i was going to use. i have a couple in mind, it most likely going to be trial and error.

Do you guys think i should also do the front grill cobra or just the two sides?

i think i am going to do just the front grill for my car to see how it looks. being that ur car is white, i think it would stand out on the fender and would look really nice.

i was thinkin maybe u can use a fine tip paint pen or somthing for the raised parts or a really fine paint brush.

chris, do u think u can do a quick p/s of the silver parts in rio red?

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
i think i am going to do just the front grill for my car to see how it looks. being that ur car is white, i think it would stand out on the fender and would look really nice.

i was thinkin maybe u can use a fine tip paint pen or somthing for the raised parts or a really fine paint brush.

chris, do u think u can do a quick p/s of the silver parts in rio red?

i might do it all around the car not sure yet, but thanks i think it will look pretty good!

Yea im still unsure my method of painting but ill will post what works the best when i do...

Sure ill do a photoshop for you in a little bit

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
well today i did some trial and error,

tried spraying it black the using the plastic seringe i got when i got my wisdome teeth pulled to try and apply the white into the holes...didnt work as steady and clean as i hoped....

Then i tried the paint it whit then go over the raised areas in black....only problem is when spraying the paint starts to fill those gaps so its almost flush...

so then i rubbed the whole thing in paint thinner to get everything off again and will be running more trials later...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info