• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need bigger fuel pump!!!

Aug 26, 2007
Well I was reading over some documents from my car and I found out my car was never tuned past 6K because it was running out of fuel. This explains why it would hesitate up top and almost feel like i'm pulling the e-brake. Right now I have 42lb injectors, walbro 255lph fuel pump, aeromotive fuel rails and aeromotive fuel pressure reg. What is a good pump that can handle right around 500hp? Thanks in advance.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Well I was reading over some documents from my car and I found out my car was never tuned past 6K because it was running out of fuel. This explains why it would hesitate up top and almost feel like i'm pulling the e-brake. Right now I have 42lb injectors, walbro 255lph fuel pump, aeromotive fuel rails and aeromotive fuel pressure reg. What is a good pump that can handle right around 500hp? Thanks in advance.

What is the part number of that Walbro pump you have?

Are you looking for a pump to support 500 hp at the crank or 500rwhp?

Was it determined that it was running out of fuel because of lean AFR's or did the fuel pressure gauge dip as well?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
we went 9.86 with shane's cobra and a single gss340 walbro intank... ive done MULTIPLE 550rwhp cars with a single 255lph gss340.

That's what I was thinking! I run dual GSS340's and know they should support around 1k with the fuel system I built. A single GSS340 or even 342 should support his power goals.

I would swap to bigger injectors to keep their duty cycle lower if that does turn out to be the case once you log it. Depending on the long term goals you should swap to 55's or 60's. They aren't hard to tune and drive like stock in the vehicles I have dialed in.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
whats the difference between the different part #'s on the fuel pumps? i got a supercharger kit from someone and they had a GSS307 and now my tuner guy is sayin that it might not work.

the gss307 is a standard volume pump designed for NA application.. it flows enough to support about 350rwhp, IF THAT.. the GSS340 is a high volume/pressure supercharged pump and will support well over 500rwhp.. hope that helps..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info