• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hey Foucus guys quick question??

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Just bought an SVT Focus, and I absolutely love it. Fun car great for daily dirver. 44,000 mi. Well my question is when you turn your cars on does it sound really loud under the hood, and inside when idling it almost sounds like a diesel? But any other time when driving sounds normal. It does tone down when warm.

So is this typical for this motor is this the injectors being that loud. From the research I have done on the web a lot of people complain of this when inside the car. I have also heard that some high compression motors are known for this? I just want to know if you guys know more about this? Thanks

frdtch05gt

complete car nut
Jun 29, 2005
That SVT motor definitely sounds different compared to a regular Focus. It's probably the different intake manifold and more aggressive exhaust that makes it sound like that. The higher compression is a factor too, can hear the pulses popping more. Also, the Zetec does have lash caps between the cams and valves, there could be a little bit extra play in there causing the noise.

svtfoci

Regular
Feb 1, 2006
thats a good question they do idle a little higher in rpms when cold but if you want there are other forums that could maybe help you out like www.focusfanatics.com or www.focaljet.com or you could pm
(tom) 1turbofocus on foucsfanatics your question he is like the hans for cobras or call him his cell phone is 704-648-6944 and you can tell him pat with the race carsvt in indiana or shadyninjas friend told you to call and he will help 100%

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
thats a good question they do idle a little higher in rpms when cold but if you want there are other forums that could maybe help you out like www.focusfanatics.com or www.focaljet.com or you could pm
(tom) 1turbofocus on foucsfanatics your question he is like the hans for cobras or call him his cell phone is 704-648-6944 and you can tell him pat with the race carsvt in indiana or shadyninjas friend told you to call and he will help 100%

Thanks Ill do that and see what he knows about it. I also called ford today to check on any outstanding recalls and there were none. I also registered it as the new owner in case one does come up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info