• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Transmission Vibration

killer03

Oct 3, 2007
I'm having vibration coming from the shifter it seems to be the worse in third gear. Does't seem to be bad in 1st or 2nd and forth isn't bad either its really only in 3rd and when under hard acceration. Really dont know where to start. I didnt know if this could be casue by a bent input shaft. But i think if it was an input shaft it would do it in all gears..So just looking to see if anyone else had this problem or could give me an idea on wear to start. I know its not tires or alinement becase it gets worse under acceleration, and its not mph related. Any help would be great

killer03

Oct 3, 2007
Engine mmr 1200 short block
ported and polished heads
upper pullie
still has stock clutch and input shaft
has a shifter not sure what brand i bought the car used and it doesnt have a name on it
it has the stock drive shaft from what i can tell and stock axels
has irs brace and cover brace

killer03

Oct 3, 2007
I dont feel it in the car thats want makes me think its not the drive shaft i feel it in the shifter kinda leads me to think the trans but like i said didnt know if anyone had this problem or if it sounds like a bent input shaft i just dont want to take the trans out and pay someone to look at it for no reason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• killer03
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list