• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Pop noise when going over uneven road

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Try a search for the rear end pop/tink on SVTPerformance. Sounds like you may have it. Chicago Mike and I discussed this issue years ago on SVTP before ChicagoSVT was born.

If not that, it could be the body panel rubbing problem or some other rear suspension problem but it sounds like pop/tink from the way you are describing the noise.

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Aug 30, 2004
Try a search for the rear end pop/tink on SVTPerformance. Sounds like you may have it. Chicago Mike and I discussed this issue years ago on SVTP before ChicagoSVT was born.

If not that, it could be the body panel rubbing problem or some other rear suspension problem but it sounds like pop/tink from the way you are describing the noise.

thanks cliff

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Actually if it's not the tink... because the tink is caused by the axle spines missing, and it can be recreated in 1st and reverse...

Check the catback, sometimes the pipes are mounted too high and bounce off the fuel tank cover or elsewhere, inspect for marks of this happening. otherwise if it's not this or the tink, have the rear suspension inspected. Check wheel bearings, suspension parts.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Actually if it's not the tink... because the tink is caused by the axle spines missing, and it can be recreated in 1st and reverse...

Check the catback, sometimes the pipes are mounted too high and bounce off the fuel tank cover or elsewhere, inspect for marks of this happening. otherwise if it's not this or the tink, have the rear suspension inspected. Check wheel bearings, suspension parts.

Steve, try driving backwards and forwards in reverse and first for ten or twenty feet and see if you can get it to pop. If so, it's a good indication it's the pop/tink. If you don't get it to pop by reversing direction, look towards other parts like Mike mentions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info