• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My work in progress

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
We've done quite a bit of work to her. Installed adjustable firewall grommet for the clutch. We heat wrapped the headers, which is a major itchy pain in the ass. Installed that cooling mod. Installed the CC Plates. Put in the new k member, buy the way the break lines on the passenger side can go to hell. Very much in the way. Also those new rack bushings are also a pain to get in there right cause they want to "cam" out of the way. I wanted to add that everything i got was from Lethal Performance and I was quite pleased with them... Also I have never seen such outstanding worksmanship as I seen with the items from Maximum Motorsports.. It made my buddies D&D k member look like trash.
As of now everything is back together.. All I need to do is get the new clutch quadrant in and get just about every fluid back in the car and fire her up..

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
yep, that's my buddie.. he told me you're the man for tuning.. I might need your assistance with the cobra when i'm done..

I do all my own work, with another friend of mine.. can't seem to trust people now adays to do things they way I want them done.

ian is a good kid... he inspires me!! And i love his car... when i sold him the blower etc, he had a goal and I PROMISED him we would reach that goal.. well, we went .5 seconds faster then his goal LOL!!

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
yea, he's a good kid. when i found out he got a mach 1 i was pretty excited.. I'm know him for about 6yrs. we go back to the "paintball" days..

Anyways I took the car to anderson motorsports and had them "tune" the car and I picked up a preditor.. Since the addition of the long tubes I probally want to get it somewhere and make sure my afr's are still where i want them to be at.. Possible you might be able to squeeze some more power out of it with a custom tune.. It rolled 449 at the wheels b4.

Fastflyin89

...patience is a virtue
Aug 25, 2007
nice work man.. i restoring a '86 camaro.. i really respect people that do their own work within reason of their knowledge... and some guess and check here and their.. lol, but yea man it looks like its coming along nicely... watch out for anti- freeze in the eye... jk

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info