• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

is there and air silencer on our s/cers?

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
well talking to a few car guys at work and they said almost all stock cars with superchargers on them have silencers. curious if our stock ones do because i dont plan on upgrading for about 2 more years til she gets paid off. just something that came up and i havent really looked around too much at it but i figured it would be easier just to ask as i cannot find anything on the net about it (probably a reason :eek:h: )

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You can remove the silencer and stock air box and replace with an aftermarket air intake to gain approx. 15-30 hp. There is a wealth of info on the various SVT sites on which aftermarket air intake to use. Basically, you have two choices. Filter in the engine compartment or filter in the wheel well. Wheel well filters get colder air from outside the engine compartment but can get wet and dirty if driven in the rain. Engine compartment filters are easier to install and change.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
I believe when you look inside the SC the rectangular rounded holes on the sides of the main inlet are for quieting the s/c. I've seen people plug those holes for louder blowers.

now that is something more of what i was talking about...anyone have a pic of a s/c off to see what that is. im not sure if its worth it unless i think about porting it out one day soon but i just wanted to know

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I don't think there is ANY form of SILENCER in our factory intake at all. The design itself reduces A LOT of blower wine due to the housing being enclosed as well as the use of a paper filter. When I upgraded to an open element in the engine bay I got a lot more blower sound which confirms the overall effect of the systems inherant quietness.

So NO, there is no silencer per se, you can be sure of that. :headbang:

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
well hood blanket is off, already have full exhaust and have a steeda cai. i can hear it and all but there were a few people that said there were other silencers besides the obvious ones before the air box. i guess ill just look into a pulley/tune this next summer...i think i do need to lookin into getting the car to hook before i do that though

Curt

Regular
Sep 23, 2007
Traction

Same problem I have. Can't get traction. I have been told it is my goodyear eagle f1's. I just had a pulley and tune done on my car before I put it in storage, so I only drove it once, but I had traction problems with it before the pulley and tune. When I was on my way home with it, it was about 50-55 degrees out and I punched it at about 40mph and once I burried the boost gauge it started going sideways and I had to let out of it. I need to do something about traction myself. Anyone have any advice?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info