• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

discuss: Steggy Stage 5/5+ combo

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
You just say that because you have a TS. I'd love to see a ported eaton with a 100 or more shot of spray. That would be kicking down the door on the TS numbers, and WAY cheaper I'll bet. Oh to be young again and have a cobra....memories.

:joke:

Or just skip the bs and get a ts instea of having to worry about filling the bottle. Eventually you'd end up with a ts.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
You just say that because you have a TS. I'd love to see a ported eaton with a 100 or more shot of spray. That would be kicking down the door on the TS numbers, and WAY cheaper I'll bet. Oh to be young again and have a cobra....memories.

Until you put on a 100 shot on the TS. And then this happens to the ported eaton....................:nutkick:

B

Boost12

Ported heatons are for sallys...TS FTW

Back when I had a STOCK eaton with bolt ons and a 50 shot of Dry I turned similar ET to you built motor KB guys did last summer:) " Kevin, Chris " I sucked cock driving 6 speed too but cut low 1.7 short times and ran 11.42@ 124 mph on shitty BFG tires:headbang: I know with a nice DR and a 80 shot I could have broke 10's with that setup.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Back when I had a STOCK eaton with bolt ons and a 50 shot of Dry I turned similar ET to you built motor KB guys did last summer:) " Kevin, Chris " I sucked cock driving 6 speed too but cut low 1.7 short times and ran 11.42@ 124 mph on shitty BFG tires:headbang: I know with a nice DR and a 80 shot I could have broke 10's with that setup.

:headbang:

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

oh absolutely and Im pretty sure you could do that without the ported eaton.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Ported heatons are for sallys...TS FTW
Exactly, I've been saying this forever.

First you buy a Stage III port.....then later you upgrade to the Stage 4 (plus the internal or external labor to R & R, shipping, etc.), now you want the Stage 5.......more time and money.

Just upgrade to a twin-screw and be done with it. It'll be cheaper in the long run and you'll be faster/happier/safer.

I went through this almost 20 years ago with my GN....Stage 2 turbo........60-1.........62-1.......T72.........etc.

Do it once with a product that leaves your combination room to grow.

My $0.02.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004

Wrong, to do it properly is not cheaper AT ALL.

It's an installment plan that will likely require more time, tuning and risk. The supporting mods are the same. Most of the guys with a ported eaton/N2O combo move on to a TS setup. That alone should tell you something.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Wrong, to do it properly is not cheaper AT ALL.

It's an installment plan that will likely require more time, tuning and risk. The supporting mods are the same. Most of the guys with a ported eaton/N2O combo move on to a TS setup. That alone should tell you something.

I skipped the bull and just did it. I have no regrets on pulleying the cobra it was very fun gettin the most potential out of the stock blower.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Exactly, I've been saying this forever.

First you buy a Stage III port.....then later you upgrade to the Stage 4 (plus the internal or external labor to R & R, shipping, etc.), now you want the Stage 5.......more time and money.

Just upgrade to a twin-screw and be done with it. It'll be cheaper in the long run and you'll be faster/happier/safer.

I went through this almost 20 years ago with my GN....Stage 2 turbo........60-1.........62-1.......T72.........etc.

Do it once with a product that leaves your combination room to grow.

My $0.02.

I hear what you're saying! And I can't argue with a man that has a 10 sec TS!!

There has been PE's that have run really close too TS cars, for alot less $$$$
If you run a TS it seems that everyone expects your car to run 10's and if it doesn't then it's a disapointment, but if you have ported eaton car sprayed or not running low 11 or high 10's then that car has everyone's attention!

there are a few cars running around with blowers bigger than they'll ever need or use....If I were to TS my car KB 2.2 or Whipple 2.3 is the biggest I'd go with my stock motor.

I hope you had a Happy New Year Larry! Is the house almost ready?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info