• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Car Stalling when I put Clutch In

Curt

Regular
Sep 23, 2007
Hi Guys,

My car occasionally will stall when I push the clutch in. The car was doing this when it was stock, so I know it is nothing to do with the tune. I have since had a chip put in, CAI, and 2.76 pulley by Hans and it is still doing it. It does it when I am just driving the car normally, I will just be pulling up to a stop sign, push the clutch in and the the rpms will just dive down to zero. No check engine light, and car runs great other than that. Turn the key, and it starts right back up. It does this maybe once in a 2-3 hour period of driving. I also changed the plugs, and this has not fixed anything. Anybody have this problem????

Also, Going to change my oil, from what I am reading Mobil 1 Synthetic?? How many courts should I put in and what viscosity?? Fram oil filter ok?? Car has 42K miles, and I have no Idea what kind of oil was put in previously. Thanks,

Curt

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
The car was stalling before I took it to Hans.

I did have a K&N in it, that was the only thing that wasn't stock. Would that cause it??

yes, the open elements have a tendency to cause stalling issues... If you got the chip from Hans, i most likely programmed it. I would have set it up with the latest stall fix as well. Some K&N (open element equipped cars) are just stubborn.. Worse case scenario is i would need to datalog the car at idle etc to see what "other" changes need to be made..

hope that helps!

Curt

Regular
Sep 23, 2007
Thanks for the tips......The chip was programmed by you Bob, works good thus far, didn't fix the stalling problem tho. It runs the exact same as before I put the chip in (minus the xtra power). Hans did it right before thanksgiving, you think I should have you check it out???

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Thanks for the tips......The chip was programmed by you Bob, works good thus far, didn't fix the stalling problem tho. It runs the exact same as before I put the chip in (minus the xtra power). Hans did it right before thanksgiving, you think I should have you check it out???

PM sent... glad to knwo everything else is working out well!

thanks bob

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Could this be the infamous "stall" issue that Ford fixed via a computer software update a few years back?

I had this problem and it stalled with or without a custom tune. I had to put my stock tune back on, bring it to Ford for a computer flash update, then load my custom tune back on. It's been fine ever since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info