• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What do you guys think?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Ok so in order to get into 10's this spring Im going to crank up the boost to 21psi and go with a solid axle for better launches.

Now I need to get a bigger lower pulley probably a 4#. Are you all in agreement that Metco is the best quality because thats who I was thinkin of going with, or do most of you that run a bigger lower use another brand? Thanks guys.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Ok so in order to get into 10's this spring Im going to crank up the boost to 21psi and go with a solid axle for better launches.

Now I need to get a bigger lower pulley probably a 4#. Are you all in agreement that Metco is the best quality because thats who I was thinkin of going with, or do most of you that run a bigger lower use another brand? Thanks guys.
21 psi and some practice will certainly get it done However, a solid will not help you launch much better. It'll just have a better chance of surviving.

CobraJack went 10's in his vert with less than 21 psi on the IRS.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I hit 1.6s on an IRS... and finally broke a half shaft, but that was after many track days and launches on street tires with some wheel hop. I now have spares... I don't have any intention at this point to go solid. I'm kind of looking forward to next season to see how the IRS holds up. :)

Personally I would spend it on a set of 16" Diamond racing rims and ET streets, traction=10s, pick up some used halfs shafts for spares and hang out with us... you'll spend less this route... well not after hanging with us... :lmao:

This is a stock eaton with a 2.76, imagine with your car... you'd be like the rest of CSVTDRRRT ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2191Resize.JPG
    IMG_2191Resize.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 171

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I hit 1.6s on an IRS... and finally broke a half shaft, but that was after many track days and launches on street tires with some wheel hop. I now have spares... I don't have any intention at this point to go solid. I'm kind of looking forward to next season to see how the IRS holds up. :)

Personally I would spend it on a set of 16" Diamond racing rims and ET streets, traction=10s, pick up some used halfs shafts for spares and hang out with us... you'll spend less this route... well not after hanging with us... :lmao:

This is a stock eaton with a 2.76, imagine with your car... you'd be like the rest of CSVTDRRRT ;)
I dont mind spending less money thats for sure and hangin out w u guys would be cool. The thing is I already have the solid 8.8 and most of the parts, axles, control arms, diff. I have been kind of gathering it for a year now so Im not spending like 2500 all at once. But non the less it will still be around that. Im just worried that I wont see enough track time to rally put the solid into use and that the ride quality will go south, wich it will.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I'm kind of looking forward to next season to see how the IRS holds up. :)

Probably not too well:lmao:

hang out with us... you'll spend less this route... well not after hanging with us... :lmao:

+ 65743934

we (CSVTDRRRT) have a tendency to break lots of stuff:(

As for the original poster - 21 PSI, a well put together solid, and some sticky tires shoud be plenty to get some 10.90 - 10.70's with 60's in the 1.5- 1.6 range. If youre going to get a set of track only tires, please just get a set of slicks, dont mess with drag radials, you will be happier with the consistent traction and 60' times

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
wow very impressive. what rpm did you launch at? what tires did you use and the pressure in them?
Not sure what his total combo is, but I've seen video of the car and it looks like full slicks/skinnies, ET Streets at a minimum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRWbwsqAmIk

Like I said in an earlier post, the IRS is not an obstacle to a good 60 ft. the real downside is durability. I know for a fact people have gone at least 1.3 with the stock IRS, perhaps even quicker.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
wow very impressive. what rpm did you launch at? what tires did you use and the pressure in them?
I'd say the chances of a low 1.5 60 ft. are slim/none with a 6 speed Terminator like yours on DRs.

Comparing Allgo's 60 fts. with what you're hoping to achieve are apples to oranges to a great degree based on the fact that he's using an auto. You'll typically need an ET Street or Full Slick to get into the 1.5's with the stick.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I'd say the chances of a low 1.5 60 ft. are slim/none with a 6 speed Terminator like yours on DRs.

Comparing Allgo's 60 fts. with what you're hoping to achieve are apples to oranges to a great degree based on the fact that he's using an auto. You'll typically need an ET Street or Full Slick to get into the 1.5's with the stick.

+1

If you want bottom 1.5's or high 1.4 60' times, its gonna take a nicely setup-adjustable suspension to help weight transfer, I believe the suspension is the key to good 60' times and it is often overlooked. Its also gonna take a slick, go with a 15" wheel & slick if you can, otherwise a Hoosier 28" slick on a 16" wheel will work as well. Its also gonna take take launches of 5K RPM++, as high as you dare to go.

At this point, its gonna hook and book, or start breaking lots of shit, so make sure the drivetrain is up to the task (ie. trans-input shaft,clutch, driveshaft, u joint, rear end, axles, etc) because the stick hits the tire HARD, way harder than an AUTO. Its violent........it will break parts.......but it will go fast when it holds:biggthump

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
+1

If you want bottom 1.5's or high 1.4 60' times, its gonna take a nicely setup-adjustable suspension to help weight transfer, I believe the suspension is the key to good 60' times and it is often overlooked. Its also gonna take a slick, go with a 15" wheel & slick if you can, otherwise a Hoosier 28" slick on a 16" wheel will work as well. Its also gonna take take launches of 5K RPM++, as high as you dare to go.

At this point, its gonna hook and book, or start breaking lots of shit, so make sure the drivetrain is up to the task (ie. trans-input shaft,clutch, driveshaft, u joint, rear end, axles, etc) because the stick hits the tire HARD, way harder than an AUTO. Its violent........it will break parts.......but it will go fast when it holds:biggthump
^^^^ Take it from the man who knows how to break shit. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info