• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tech: Weird hesitation tonight????

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
I was driving home from the gym tonight and my car drove fine up until I hit 5th gear, then it started to hesitate. :thinking: It felt like something broke for a second but that was prolly from being at a low RPM in a high gear. It drove fine for a little while then when I stopped to drop my buddy off it was idling rough. Not obnoxiously but noticeably shaking a little bit. I pulled away and it felt the same it was hesitating/slightly bucking??? Then about a mile later it smoothed out. I've never had a o2 sensor go out on me but when Jerry from Sutton had my car on the dyno a while back he said that my driver side o2 was lazy and not reading well at all. But my check engine light never came on??? I brought it home put it in the garage it idled fine so I shut it off and checked the oil just to make sure, and it was just under "max". IDK... Anyone have a o2 go bad chime in.... thanks.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Yeah I was going to try that Joe cause I know that is true about WOT but I wanted some other input before I got crazy cause we all know I've been through enough motors and I dont want to do it again. I just thought it was very weird cause it didnt throw a code or the CEL? Idk I drove it to work this morning and it drove perfect. I'm guessing it is that lazy o2. I am going to throw in one of my spares tonight or tomorrow.

The car has a base tune (no custom tuning). Rear o2's are off. And it has a EGR delete. Brand new plugs and brand new motor and it N/A so I doubt it could be the plugs with a mint A/F curve throughout. But if it happens again I'll pull them and check them if the o2 doesn't solve the problem. Thanks guys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info