• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cutouts good or bad?

TwoTonedRoush

Oct 6, 2006
I think I'm going to place electric cutouts on the cobra this winter. Does anyone know if cutouts are bad for a car, if the heads are not beefed up? I've been told its not good on the valves, because they can cool off to fast and warp, I don't know what to believe and I'm about ready to just try it. I've wanted them every since I hit a dead raccoon and it knocked my x-pipe loose. I was driving it home (loud as piss I mind you), and then some hick got up beside me with his big dodge diesel turbo and started revving it up. At this point I was just shifting at low rpms so I didn't get into trouble with the law because I was passing through the city. So he flew past me while whom ping on his motor, and that’s when I got on it and blew his f$%$#ing ear drums right open! My buddy had to cover his ears because it echoed so loud between my car and his truck. Oh the look on the truckers face was priceless.

doug@performance

Forum Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
We did a set at D.I.D. Racing on a 05 with Vortech and actually on the dyno we picked up almost 30 h.p. We did have to make a small adjustment to the tune for the air/fuel. Dave at D.I.D. can chime in with more info on the tuning aspect as far as how much he had to adjust it with the cut outs open.
Doug

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info