• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

driveline angle

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
You can feel it after 80mph. I just noticed it one day when I ran the car through the gears and started to get up in speed at about 80-85mph. And now that Ive driven on the expressway a few times Ive noticed it. I just want to get it to where it needs to be so it doesnt vibrate and I dont run the risk of wearing out other components on the driveline.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Drive line vibrations a really hard to fix. I dealed with a nasty problem with my 03. (turned out to be a bent input shaft) Any good shop could find the problem. Replacing/guessing at parts doesn't slove anything.

When your driving, push the clutch in, the vib should go away. If it doesn't then it is not a drive line problem. A very close inspection of the car will also help narrow down the problem area. Any funny noises coming from the car?

Does the car have a gear in it or ever have the diff opened up?
Did you have trans work done to the car?

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
Drive line vibrations a really hard to fix. I dealed with a nasty problem with my 03. (turned out to be a bent input shaft) Any good shop could find the problem. Replacing/guessing at parts doesn't slove anything.

When your driving, push the clutch in, the vib should go away. If it doesn't then it is not a drive line problem. A very close inspection of the car will also help narrow down the problem area. Any funny noises coming from the car?

Does the car have a gear in it or ever have the diff opened up?
Did you have trans work done to the car?

not entirely true,
if its a bad ujoint, poorly balanced shaft, or improper pinion angle it should not be affected at all by pushing the clutch in

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Im looking for someone that can check all this for me and get down to what I got going on so I can fix it.

There is a good driveline place in Villa Park called Suburban Driveline.... I am sure they could check it out for you.

If you have not messed with your control arms, I would doubt your pinion angle would be off... probably something like a driveshaft or wheel bearing.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
There is a good driveline place in Villa Park called Suburban Driveline.... I am sure they could check it out for you.

If you have not messed with your control arms, I would doubt your pinion angle would be off... probably something like a driveshaft or wheel bearing.

you forget the enormous tolerances on these cars
the irs cars are especially prone to the pinion angle being off from my understanding
could also be your trans mount, but not all of us have cars a billion years old like pj's
:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info