• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Heard a rumor

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Several months ago I heard a rumor of something like this in R&D with them and this is kind of why I was waiting until spring to move to another car. Im hoping this thing is released soon.... Ill be all over it.
Screw the blower issue on it. My leap for joy is the fact that its using the stock headers and no more K Member, A-Arms and coilovers.
I see where some guys dont like it that you cant see them.... fuck that, when I hit 10 or 11# and they start spooling, your gonna friggin seriously hear me coming and going.
This thing gets released and we will be doing the dyno thing again Bob.
God I miss my twins

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95165

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Several months ago I heard a rumor of something like this in R&D with them and this is kind of why I was waiting until spring to move to another car. Im hoping this thing is released soon.... Ill be all over it.
Screw the blower issue on it. My leap for joy is the fact that its using the stock headers and no more K Member, A-Arms and coilovers.
I see where some guys dont like it that you cant see them.... fuck that, when I hit 10 or 11# and they start spooling, your gonna friggin seriously hear me coming and going.
This thing gets released and we will be doing the dyno thing again Bob.
God I miss my twins

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95165

Let me tell yeah, I don't wanna be the test dumbie for that kit! The dyno #'s would be SICK!

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I just cannot understand how the Eaton would not be a restriction on a setup like that???

Its been proven that they are only efficient to a certain PSI level (~16) and then you are just overspinning it because it cant flow any more....

They must have come up with some way for the Eaton to flow better, ie SERIOUS porting (putting large holes on the underside of the blower), or all that flow from the turbos would never make it to the motor efficiently.....the blower would only heat up the air:dunno:

I cant wait till there are more details released, there has to be afew real trick pieces for that to work, or even make sense.:dunno:

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
They do it on the mini coopers. Not sure if the blower is actually being utilized as a secondary compressor or just gutted and a cheaper housing.
The thing that makes me think its being used is the fact that they cant get it tuned yet. If it was just the twins they would already have it tuned like my old HP Twin kit.
Ill be watching and waiting on this one.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I just cannot understand how the Eaton would not be a restriction on a setup like that???

Its been proven that they are only efficient to a certain PSI level (~16) and then you are just overspinning it because it cant flow any more....

They must have come up with some way for the Eaton to flow better, ie SERIOUS porting (putting large holes on the underside of the blower), or all that flow from the turbos would never make it to the motor efficiently.....the blower would only heat up the air:dunno:

I cant wait till there are more details released, there has to be afew real trick pieces for that to work, or even make sense.:dunno:

There will be a bypass system where once the turbo's are spooled boost will be routed around the Eaton bypassing it. That way it will not serve as a restriction like you said. The bypass is somewhat similar to the boost bypass in the Kenne Bell's with some inherent differences.

LazyT747

SFI
Sep 11, 2006
holy shit is right!

HellionTTwithEaton.jpg

can you say booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost
up to 1600 hp

I just want to hear this think in person

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info