• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

for those that have driven an 05+ and a terminator

Fordman

Oct 30, 2007
I recently traded an 05 GT for the 04 terminator. I LOVE IT.
I have a question though.
Obviously the trannys are different but. My 05 the clutch seemed light and easy to use when shifting.
the 04 feels like it is on a spring. you really have to apply pressure to engage it. Is this normal because it is beefier?
I am having to train myself all over on how to use this to zoom through the gears. and to feather it, in first when getting on it to not get the wheel hop.
Thanks
Kevin

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
You did not say if you have the standard Cobra Clutch or an after market clutch. If it is the standard Cobra Clutch, adjust it so that the TOB is a little tighter on the pressure plate. The TOB must have a little pressure on it all the time to keep it quiet.

Stupid Question, but how do you add more pressure to the TOB? Mine rattles and it drives me crazy.

Fordman

Oct 30, 2007
thanks for the info guys, now i know the difference, I am not missing the gears, i guess i am not used to the sweet spot on the clutch.
When i get on it. it bangs pretty hard between 1st and second but the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts are smooth no bangs. This is when i am shifting fast, not slow (doesnt happen when it is slow)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info