• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Borla Exhaust Question

Sep 17, 2005
Just wondering if anyone can tell me if or what the difference betweeen the 2 types of exhaust that Borla makes for our cars. They are the stingers or "S type" & then BORLA #14858. the only diffrence i could figure out is that the muffler is different on these, other then that they are identical, yet #14858 is about $60.00 more dollars. just need some info and hope a few guys can chime in and help me out.. thanks.

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
14858 is a regular size / shaped muffler - Stingers are like glass packs hence they are much louder.

14858 is what I have. They are almost stock sounding at idle, but they are louder than stock when accelerating.

It's all personal taste. I have the quiet ones because I don't like attracting a lot of attention. That's why I have such a subtle color also.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
Stingers are more the size of paper towel rolls than coffee cans...

Vince's car with the off-road pipe and Stingers drowns out the sound of my car with just the Stinger cat-back. Still sounds sweet, its just loud. But as long as it passes the noise regs at the track, I guess it is all good...:biggthump

Sep 17, 2005
so if i had parts from the #14858 and the Stingers type, but different parts but enough to make a full cat-back. i could still mate them together to make a full cat back. parts would be interchanable i.e. same length, size, tips, etc. other then the mufflers being different and the sound being louder or more queit. woudl you say that is correct? that is what i was really looking to know. i knew they sounded different. sorry i guess i should have been more specific. thanks again.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
can't say for sure unless someone posts a pic of a 14858 muffler next to a measuring device. the cat-backs are very adjustable, but if the inlet/outlet on the 14858 muffler are in the wrong place, then its probably a no-go.

are you trying to piece together a system from two incomplete systems?

so if i had parts from the #14858 and the Stingers type, but different parts but enough to make a full cat-back. i could still mate them together to make a full cat back. parts would be interchanable i.e. same length, size, tips, etc. other then the mufflers being different and the sound being louder or more queit. woudl you say that is correct? that is what i was really looking to know. i knew they sounded different. sorry i guess i should have been more specific. thanks again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info