• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

03' trouble

cobralover

Oct 19, 2007
well, i recently traded in a 04' cobra for a 03' convertible with 3400 miles on it. The car is mint yet sadly didnt seem to be running right. I'm told today by ford that there seems to be a cylinder not working. How can this be when the car was babied and mostly sat undercover in the garage. has anyone heard of such a thing. I'm totally pissed off about this. i thought the cars were pretty well built.:crying:

cobralover

Oct 19, 2007
yes it is under warranty. And no there are no ugly noises. but my next question would be, i also have a roush side exhaust on the car. this is the first cobra ive seen with this. when i step into it hard the noise is more of a fluttering then anything. does anyone have any suggestions about maybe getting rid of this noise? maybe i could get rid of 2 cats and go with a H-pipe. will the cold air kit correct this at all? answers and links would be very much appreciated.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
run the exhaust out the back and I bet your 'flutter' goes away. You're only hearing half the exhaust pulses, because the outlet is just below your left ear.

yes it is under warranty. And no there are no ugly noises. but my next question would be, i also have a roush side exhaust on the car. this is the first cobra ive seen with this. when i step into it hard the noise is more of a fluttering then anything. does anyone have any suggestions about maybe getting rid of this noise? maybe i could get rid of 2 cats and go with a H-pipe. will the cold air kit correct this at all? answers and links would be very much appreciated.

cobralover

Oct 19, 2007
they ended up changing plugs and replaced the airbox sensor. my guess is the guy that owned it before me let the damn thing sit for too long. what a shame! other then that it seems to be running good. definitely needs the simple mods done to it though. another 100 horse would be sufficient.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Change the plugs at least once a year. The Cobra isn't a put gas in it and drive it type of car. It will need maintenance and TLC if you want it to last. Oil changes, air filter, fuel filter, plugs, coolant, trans and rear end fluids, tires, wheel bearings, bushings, etc. all will need to be addressed sooner or later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info