• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

T56 Plastic Shifter Bushing, where to buy?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I spoke with a few of you one night at Strat's about this and of course I forgot what you said :rolleyes:;)

Anybody know where I can buy the little plastic bushing in the T56 where the ball of the shifter fits into locally in Elk Grove or Streamwood area? I went to A/H Ford and after looking at multiple schematics the fuggers aren't listed in there system, what a waste of time.:mad:

Thanks in advance!

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Thanks for the 411! As I read through some of the descriptions of upgrades, it sounds like I may have broken a synchronizer key as this is what happens when I shift hard now. If I shift normal and hesitate the shifter, I have no issues, down shifting is a no no... grrrrrrrrrrrrrind. :(

Solid Synchronizer Keys - These keys are a necessity for the T56 transmissions. The stamped steel keys commonly break when shifting aggressively. When they do break, they usually lock the transmission into a gear or make the transmission very hard to shift.

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
bushing

I spoke with a few of you one night at Strat's about this and of course I forgot what you said :rolleyes:;)

Anybody know where I can buy the little plastic bushing in the T56 where the ball of the shifter fits into locally in Elk Grove or Streamwood area? I went to A/H Ford and after looking at multiple schematics the fuggers aren't listed in there system, what a waste of time.:mad:

Thanks in advance!

the bushing it's listed for a t45 .same used in the t56.

03mineralg

Thanks in advance!

You went to a Ford dealer and they couldnt set you up with a damn bushing that is commom to replace?? Some of these dealers need to hire part guy's who dont deliver pizzas on the weekends. :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info