• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

oil cooler

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
1) functionally, its not an oil cooler, its an oil pre-heater to get the oil warmed up sooner for better mileage and emissions

2) you're willing to spend all the money getting your engine fixed, only to put the oil 'cooler' back on that may or may not have parts of your damage left inside?

replace it. with stock pieces, if you dont feel like jumping through all the hoops that it takes to install a different one.

killer03

Oct 3, 2007
like i said i just got the car and the night after i was taking my friend for a ride and i was running it through the gears and then i noticed a bite of a knock and then it got louder and louder it would only make it above 2000 rpm so i took the motor out and took it apart and the number 5 cyl spun a bearing and number 3 had losened up and was about to go i also compressioned checked if before i took it apart to see if i would need to do the whole motor or maybe just a rod but the compression difference went from about 90 in the low and to 170 in the high with all plugs out and wot so order a whole new motor with a stronger bottom end thats my story

o yeah 130 miles is all i got to put on it since i got it now just waiting for the engine to come in

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info