• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

It was the air filter

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
I have been trying to figure out for sometime now why I was having issues with holding boost..I would floor it nail 16lbs or so and it would creep down to 14 1/2 ish:confused: Well I figured it out and it was because the K&N filter was....saying it was dirty wouldnt even describe how bad it was....I run the KB fenderwell set up and it would appear Im going to have recharge alot more I knew going to the fenderwell setup would mean picking up alot more dirt and shit but geezzz:p I wish I would have taken a picture:D I went out today and played around for awhile and even with it being as hot as it is I stayed at 16lbs all the way it felt like a new car:headbang:

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
wow.....25K miles and no cleaning. I would say 1-2 times a summer to be safe. The car has to run so much better now.

I normally suggest customers to buy an extra filter to keep clean for a swap.

I knew the fender well setup would in turn mean picking up more crap but not as much as I saw......I got caught out a few times in the rain and I think that attributed to it.....Im going to buy another filter replacement. I figure $50 for a filter is a whole lot better than sucking shit into my engine and blowing the thing up:p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info