• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Idle question

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
I have noticed that my car has has tended to start devolping idle issues. Now in the mornings when its cold and I start it up and let it idle for about a min to get the vaccum good and then I take off drive for a min come up to the light take it outta gear rpm's drop down to 200 bounce up to 750 a few times after the car starts to warm up no issues:)....the weriod thing is that when Im crusing for awhile at normal engine temps and get off the highway or something take it outta gear the rpms will drop to around 1100 or so sit there for 5-6 seconds and then drop back down to around 850ish. I normally would idle at 700-750 before this started happening. If I pull in somewhere turn of the car sit for a second and restart it I will idle fine at my normal 700-750rpm range. Start driving and we are back to the 850rpm range:confused:. This just started happening so I wonder if something is telling me that its on its way to taking a crap...sensor or something? If so I would like to replace it before it goes.....TPS sensor maybe:dunno: It almost feels like the throttle is getting somewhat hung up. Anyone run across this???

I know its not a big issue but I am anal about crap like this:p

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
thats normal... idle program doesnt kick in until 4mph or under... so, when you are cruising above 4mph, it will hang until you go below 4mph.

Gotcha....and by the way I didnt forget about you regarding getting my car retuned I wanna try for sometime this month if you are available:) How do you look for the 25th thru the 28th of this month? You can just PM if any of those days look good:biggthump

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
Its getting worse......:dunno::dunno::dunno:Okay so yesterday I get off work start the car let it idle for a min let the vaccum gauge read around 20 and take off....I get on the highway and dont do WOT but pretty much just drive and not really boost it I get off the highway and Im at normal operating temperature and the come to a stop and the RPMS are hovering at 1000-1100:confused: I continue home pull into the garage....turn off the car...still for 10 seconds or so start it back up and idles fine right around 700-800 rpms:confused::confused::confused: it seems to be worse when the weather is cooler and not as bad as when its warmer??? I dont get it whats the deal anyone have any ideas or ran across this????

Im starting to think that its the MAF or the MaFia??? This is driving me nuts

Oct 5, 2006
Its getting worse......:dunno::dunno::dunno:Okay so yesterday I get off work start the car let it idle for a min let the vaccum gauge read around 20 and take off....I get on the highway and dont do WOT but pretty much just drive and not really boost it I get off the highway and Im at normal operating temperature and the come to a stop and the RPMS are hovering at 1000-1100:confused: I continue home pull into the garage....turn off the car...still for 10 seconds or so start it back up and idles fine right around 700-800 rpms:confused::confused::confused: it seems to be worse when the weather is cooler and not as bad as when its warmer??? I dont get it whats the deal anyone have any ideas or ran across this????

Im starting to think that its the MAF or the MaFia??? This is driving me nuts

Possibly the IAC motor is sticking or an air leak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info